JVC RC 838 VU meter not working

Kirill1012

Hello everyone,

Working on my JVC RC 838. Right side VU meter not working. Meter itself is good.
Checked signal on the connection joint - no signal.
Cleaned meter VR104 but it looks a little corroded from outside.
Are there any known issues with meter amp ?

Please let me know what should I check.

Thank you so much !

Kirill1012

Have you cleaned the function selector and the recording bar circuit?
I did clean all the switches including function, biphonic and rebuild all the sliders. One of the channel recording sliders (VR301 Left) is bad and I am waiting for conductive paint to rebuild it. But the right slider VR 401 is good and clean 50 K Ohm. Checked VR104 and it is good also. What else should I check ?

Thank you

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
When I said recording bar, I meant the long silver bar on the circuit board, behind the cassette mechanism. Actually there might be 2 bars in parallel, one for each channel. The bars have a plastic lever connecting them to the Record key.

Kirill1012

When I said recording bar, I meant the long silver bar on the circuit board, behind the cassette mechanism. Actually there might be 2 bars in parallel, one for each channel. The bars have a plastic lever connecting them to the Record key.
Hi. I did rebuild both of them. They are fine. I actually solved the issue last night. There was a broken trace in the 704 connection. Just soldered wire to bypass it. Works fine now. The old equipment so prone to trace brakes on PCB.

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Tinman