Just got caught speeding - whats my next step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MasterBlaster84 said:
Chris your right but I take it farther, basically all aspects of the cars were crap. :thumbsdown:
TOTALLY....Handling :thumbsdown: Styling :thumbsdown: Brakng :thumbsdown: Acceleration :thumbsdown: Gas Milage :thumbsdown: Materials :thumbsdown: Ergonomics :thumbsdown:

Reli said:
Seems like every 80's Chrysler I saw was faded down to the primer on the top surfaces after only 8-10 yrs :thumbsdown:
Dodge and Chrysler couldn't put a paint job on a car until just recently :no: My dad has had many Dodge trucks from the late 80's through the mid 2000's...he got 5 years MAX out of a paint job :thumbsdown:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
How the hell,figure this;Had a 1994' Dodge Shadow,bought It a few years
ago with 142,000 on it.
Well I drove it for 4 years and put over 120,000-140,000 miles on it,
just changed oil and air filter-that's it!! Except of course tires.
I had 1 mind you 1 breakdown,fuel pump puked in Black River Falls,
Wisconsin 1 night.that was the only problem!!!
The paint wasn't all that bad.
2.2 auto 32mpg!
That was the last year of the Shadow!! Has a 88' that was abused
Pos from the beginning!!
Go figure!! :hmmm:
That 94' was an incredible little car! Went through snow like crazy! :thumbsup:
Sold it for $400.00!! :lol: :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Ghettoboom767 said:
How the hell,figure this;Had a 1994' Dodge Shadow,bought It a few years
ago with 142,000 on it.
Well I drove it for 4 years and put over 120,000-140,000 miles on it,
just changed oil and air filter-that's it!! Except of course tires.
I had 1 mind you 1 breakdown,fuel pump puked in Black River Falls,
Wisconsin 1 night.that was the only problem!!!
The paint wasn't all that bad.
2.2 auto 32mpg!
That was the last year of the Shadow!! Has a 88' that was abused
Pos from the beginning!!
Go figure!! :hmmm:
That 94' was an incredible little car! Went through snow like crazy! :thumbsup:
Sold it for $400.00!! :lol: :yes:
What was the other little car they made in the late 80's that was a sports car with a turbo on it? About the size of the shadow?????

DAYTONA?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
There was the Daytona/Laser, which was their Mustang/Camaro fighter.......The chick on Hunter drove a Daytona........The Laser was the "upscale" city-slicker version with Corinthain leather seats and a digital dash

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
There was the Daytona/Laser, which was their Mustang/Camaro fighter.......The chick on Hunter drove a Daytona........The Laser was the "upscale" city-slicker version with Corinthain leather seats and a digital dash
Had a G/F in high school that had one, turbo, fast little car. I think this was also a Mitsubishi Starion?

Litfan

Requiem Æternam
Aug 16, 2012
England
Don`t know, how you guy`s in the US, can stand a 55mph motorway max. As sammy hagar said "i can`t drive 55". I`m not allowed to drive anyway, so, it doesn`t affect me. I know, it sounds stupid, but, i have done 120+, many times.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
One of my old girlfriend's mom had a friend with a 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. Holy Christ that car was fast! :w00t: I had a 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo for a few years. It wasn't quite as fast as the Daytona, but I was able to smoke a Mustang 5.0 GT back in the day. I'd love to drive one again.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Litfan said:
Don`t know, how you guy`s in the US, can stand a 55mph motorway max. As sammy hagar said "i can`t drive 55". I`m not allowed to drive anyway, so, it doesn`t affect me. I know, it sounds stupid, but, i have done 120+, many times.
Hey Rich, a lot of States have increased the limit to 70 MPH or more. It's mostly in downtown areas where you encounter 55 MPH here in Tennessee. For a short time, Montana had no speed limit. :w00t:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limi ... ted_States

Litfan

Requiem Æternam
Aug 16, 2012
England
Is that a strict 70, or, is it like here in the UK, you can do 80, without being penalised. Anyone here, been to france, or, germany. On their motorway`s, it`s basically, who cares. I went to france, with my brother, in 1992. He was doing 120mph, trying to get the ferry home in time. Patrol cars, were just letting us go. We missed the ferry, by the way.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Fatdog said:
Litfan said:
Hey Rich, a lot of States have increased the limit to 70 MPH or more. It's mostly in downtown areas where you encounter 55 MPH here in Tennessee. For a short time, Montana had no speed limit. :w00t:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limi ... ted_States
While in Japan, I was ready to rip my beard out :bang: Expressway (highest speed on island of Okinawa) 37 mph.

Normal city speeds, 25 mph, neighborhood speeds 15 mph. :thumbsdown:

When I came back....65 seemed like 650 :yes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Litfan said:
Is that a strict 70, or, is it like here in the UK, you can do 80, without being penalised.
It's not necessarily a strict limit. Most officers will allow for 7 - 10 MPH over depending on the road conditions and location, BUT... it is all at the officer's discretion. There are some towns locally who will bust you for going 1 MPH over the limit. :thumbsdown:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Reli said:
Had a G/F in high school that had one, turbo, fast little car. I think this was also a Mitsubishi Starion?
Nah, the Starion was a totally different car, RWD instead of FWD

Litfan

Requiem Æternam
Aug 16, 2012
England
Why do they put those skirts on? It spoils so many cars. On your big gas guzzlers, it doesn`t look too bad, but, on our excuse for cars, they look silly.

ClaretBadger

Member (SA)
Nov 15, 2009
The Lone Star state
www.flickr.com
Litfan - the skirts match the blistered METAL wheel arches

the Starion was a nice little car

And I fell foul of the speed limit here - as the law here is so much stricter

In Engalnd you can pop around at 60-70 and the police don't mind so much - as long as you're not in a housing area - plus you just get a telling off

here - as I have found out - Ihave to go to court and am damn lucky I didn't get put in jail
PLUS I might get a criminal record

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Reli said:
Nah, the Starion was a totally different car, RWD instead of FWD

[ Image ]
Yeah, I guess that's not the same thing :no:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
The Dodge Lancer was similar,friend had the 2.2 Turbo
and was quite quick to 50-55! :-O
Very similar to the Shadow.
My 94' was the refined model,last year.
2.2 auto-108-110 tops! I'm sure there was a limiter,
engine was fairly strong! I bet it would gave hit 120! :hmmm:

tshorba

Member (SA)
May 10, 2009
South West Victoria
Fatdog said:
Litfan said:
Is that a strict 70, or, is it like here in the UK, you can do 80, without being penalised.
It's not necessarily a strict limit. Most officers will allow for 7 - 10 MPH over depending on the road conditions and location, BUT... it is all at the officer's discretion. There are some towns locally who will bust you for going 1 MPH over the limit. :thumbsdown:
In Vic you get a 3 km tolerance and no discretion at all, the stupid thing is Aus design rules state a speedo can have a 10% variance :dunce:
Victoria runs off the the revenue raised through speeding fines, there are fixed cameras everywhere and they even have private contract camera cars :thumbsdown: We even have roads with 5-10 different speed limits within a couple of kilometers, roads that are 40 km between 6am & 3am :huh: Now they are planning on dropping all the 70 km zones in Melbourne to 50 or 60, these roads are multiple lane thoroughfares and should be retained as such. Vic is turning into a over policed nanny state. By the way claret, your car would have been impounded for 30 days or maybe crushed (if they considered it hoon driving), loss of license and a massive fine with the speed you were doing, if it was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.