Hitachi TRK 8190H resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okelly

Member (SA)
Aug 23, 2015
I just purchased my 33 year holy grail, Hitachi trk 8190h on line. Of course the cassette deck doesn't work so the first thing I do is open her up and find the black goo! Since I have to wait on new belts from Modern Radio Bolton I decided to give it a bath...my family thinks I'm already crazy for buying an old radio, let alone putting the box in the sink of soapy water. It's gonna be awesome!

Attachments

duckman

Member (SA)
Oct 30, 2014
Dead Center, Manitoba, Canada
Okelly said:
...my family thinks I'm already crazy for buying an old radio, let alone putting the box in the sink of soapy water. It's gonna be awesome!
It is never crazy to revive a piece of history, and guess what? They'll all want to play with it once it's done! :lol:

Cheers !

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
I wish you well with the restoration, Okelly. I currently have a couple of 8130's and the 8190 is on my wish list for the future so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread just in case I ever need any help. Keep up the good work!

Okelly

Member (SA)
Aug 23, 2015
This was the first box I had to have after being hit with the nasty addiction of collecting boomboxes, I had one as a teen in the 80's and remember how cool they looked. Just wish we could put a modern sound into the box!

Okelly

Member (SA)
Aug 23, 2015
Got her back together and everything sounds great! I am still waiting on a new drive belt so in the meantime I'm using a rubber band, sped the motor up to compensate for it being to long. I found an old Tone Loc tape with Funky Cold Medina on it and synced it up with Pandora...works like a charm! It's the first of many restos I'm sure...

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.