Hilarious GF777 Description On Ebay..

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
Just spotted a GF777 on Ebay and this was the description, i thought it was brilliant and an hilarious read lol.. Not sure if he is a member here but he put a link to this site in his description.
check this out..
=================================================================================
Introducing my GF777 – Part ONE –

Here lies a project waiting for its resurrection. This iconic piece, the Sharp GF777, once the epitome of boombox prowess, now stands silent, a relic of a bygone era.

Alas, it's fallen from grace, broken, non-functional, kaput. Yet, within its battered shell lies potential, awaiting the touch of a skilled hand. Will you be the one to breathe new life into its worn circuits? Perhaps a complete overhaul awaits, a transformation into a Bluetooth-enabled marvel.

Alternatively, envision it gracing your space as a testament to retro style, or even serving as a quirky doorstop, a conversation starter like no other.

This offering is strictly as seen – the boombox alone, no frills attached. Should you require additional visuals, just give me shout. Collection only.

Behold, a relic of a golden age, a reminder that they don’t craft them like this anymore. Will you be the one to revive its glory?

It does NOT work and you will need to collect it from Frome in Somerset.

Time for you to make a statement and buy this piece of audio history - at a price that reflects the work you need to do to get it working.

Spax

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2023
SWUK
A characterful listing and a refreshing change to the sudden abundance of AI generated descriptions that eBay has become rife with recently.
It's not too far from me but not my era, I hope it goes to a good home.

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Hey guys, if it's not a problem, please put a link here. I'm looking, but I can't find nothing...

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i hope its gone to someone who will appreciate it, not an ebay shark or someone with dozens of boxes lad

Reactions: floyd

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
Wow that went cheap, i think it was the No Shipping that stopped people from bidding, where that guy lives is far from anywhere, if he was in a major city like London, Manchester, Birmingham Or Liverpool, i recon he would have got more, but that Price, in England, is what we call "cheap as chips", i hope whoever got it comes here and lets us know the problems it has, hopefully it's not something too bad, Maybe someone here with good skills can guide them in to getting it working again.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Wow that went cheap, i think it was the No Shipping that stopped people from bidding, where that guy lives is far from anywhere, if he was in a major city like London, Manchester, Birmingham Or Liverpool, i recon he would have got more, but that Price, in England, is what we call "cheap as chips", i hope whoever got it comes here and lets us know the problems it has, hopefully it's not something too bad, Maybe someone here with good skills can guide them in to getting it working again.
Probably better off not having to deal with shipping . these boxes are one of the easiest to break. The gf 777 worst enemy is it's own weight .

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
Probably better off not having to deal with shipping . these boxes are one of the easiest to break. The gf 777 worst enemy is it's own weight .
Yes definitely floyd, i bought one from PeppinHK on ebay around 2004, it was a GF909, when it got here it was a mess, smashed, the back had a huge crack down it, the back was hanging off due to broken/snapped screw posts, it was a wreck. all i got back was my purchase cost, lost out on shipping and import duty. i did buy a couple of GF999s from japan though and they turned up fine with no damage, i sold them years ago but a couple of years back i did buy another GF999 which i still have.