Help! Can anyone identify the tiny piece that just fell out of my 9494 tape deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I had really good luck with JB Weld's PlasticWeld, it's in a yellow tube. Scratch up the surface of the nylon first to get a good grip!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I would make channels on either side of that nylon, and slip a retaining ring there. Take care not to dig too much for that channel to slide the retaining ring and hold it there. Nothing would hold that nylon piece that is already cracked. Additional Glue application will make it more stronger.

Attachments

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Thread lockers rely on electro-chemical reactions with metal to cure properly, I'm not sure it will bond with nylon.

Ceestarrs

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2017
South Coast UK
It seems to be staying in place pretty well for now, which suggests that there's not too much force being applied to the pin.
It's so tiny - I can't see a mechanical fix being successful without complete disassembly, which would be painful and even then I can see issues with the nylon possibly breaking. I'm leaning towards glue- I'll investigate the above suggestions further and report back if/when I make progress. Thanks all for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.