Hello from CT

PackJam

Apr 10, 2021
USA
Hello everyone! Glad I found this place. I still have my Sanyo M9990 from back in the day when I was a senior in high school (79) while living in NYC.

That box then followed me throughout my tour in the USMC. My first duty station was Gitmo Bay, Cuba. I got my mom to ship it to me from back home in the Bronx. It arrived in Gitmo rattling. When I opened box I found that mom had packed it up with the ass D batteries in it.
During shipment the batteries came out of the compartment and rattled around snapping off one of the toggle switches, Nooooooooo!
So I put it away and only took it out show people when reminiscing.

But a couple of years ago I snagged another one for $75 off eBay. It was in rough shape cosmetically but that’s ok because I intend to use it as a part radio.

So now I’m waiting until I have the time and patience to replace that switch and whatever else it may need. Do I know what I’m doing? No.
But I’m betting the journey will be rewarding!

Geester

Jun 4, 2023
CO
Hey PackJam, I know it has been a couple years, but how did your repair go? My M9990 also followed me in the USMC. I bought it shortly after boot camp (1979 also!) and NAS Millington was my first duty station with it. Lots of camping trips with that bad boy! I still have it and am looking at repairs as well. Drive belts and maybe the motor.