Hello Boom!

stuggz

Apr 30, 2022
hammers80
Hi there.

My name is Terry. London boy born and bred, and for the last 8 years have been resident in Germany. Growing up in the 70's, there were always a record shop within walking distance, and really enjoyed spending my pocket on some vinyl. Still collecting vinyl to this day. Love a bit of vintage electronics. Still own a nice little collection synths and samplers from back in the early to mid 90's, love a bit of vintage hi-fi too!

I'm a proud owner of a Sharp GF-777e, that I have owned since 2007. My pride and joy. Growing up as a teenager in the 80's, I used to see this box in the shop windows down on Tottenham Court Road, and It was a dream of mine that one day I would have one myself. Overall, It's in good nick. since it was last turned on, maybe 3 or 4 years ago The line in level sounds low, and the level meter is always on full blast, no matter if it is playing something or not. So hopefully there is a remedy that is not such a big job
One of the speakers has a small tear, but does not really affect the sound in a big way. A friend told me about an option to replace the speaker(s) using Alpine car speakers, which is the reason why I landed here :)

Anyway, enough babbling from me. Nice to see there is a loving community for these amazing machines!

Long live the BoomBox!

All the best,

Terry.

Attachments

Reactions: Northerner

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Welcome Tel, great box the 777 and a real iconic one.

You are right about the speakers, there is a model of Alpine car speakers that drop right in, I beleive BluFizz is the man.

Good to hear from a fellow brit.

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
:hi: to the forum.
You must open it and clean boombox from dust and dirt. Spray the switches and potentiometers.
This cassette player is a classic.
The one you have is a little different. I noticed the 5 leds on the scale.
I read some time ago, that there is a built-in rechargeable battery
and these leds are an indication of the battery.
Can you share more information and photos.