Bumpboxx uprock v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
Dec 24, 2010
USA
And what's funny is, Akoustiq doesn't even list that product on their website. It's not even on Amazon. It's pretty clear they chose not to sell it in the US. The question is, is it because they're afraid Bumboboxx would sue, or is it because they're made by the same factory and don't want anyone to know?

ToyKalibur

Member (SA)
Jan 17, 2018
West Coast
Superduper said:
I have heard from others that bumpboxx conducts an extremely aggressive reputation protection campaign which includes pressure to delete posts, down to downright banning to prevent dissenting negative comments or sharing of unattractive reviews. I have no personal knowledge, since I don't participate in any way as these mono bluetooth devices aren't things I'm into. This is nothing new however since online business' that have faced backlash have spawned a whole new industry of business' devoted to practices (such as reputation.com) whose sole purpose of existence is to monitor and counter negative reviews & comments by (i.e. flooding with positive reviews & comments to drown out and dilute the neg.) This is generally when the business does not control the ability to censor negative material. In cases like facebook where the owner of the facebook site can censor, they control what material is posted or what members can participate so it's probably not the best source for evaluative information or reviews. I understand the desire to protect and bolster reputation but disagree that such practices are the best way to handle dissatisfaction of customers. Rather, listening to customers & their concerns and adjusting their products to meet customers expectations is a much better approach imho. It seems like the same complaints over and over again which tells me the the issues are easily identified which means that they can be addressed, if they want to.

Well said for sure. It's a shame though that it appears to be a sign of the times. When you go to use Amazon there is an option to report false information about a product and although what they submit for their product is not false, it feels like it could almost be considered. When I do post my videos on the Tube, they will be informative and creative because I am making it more than just a mono box that looks like it's stereo from the 80's. Will I make a dent?, maybe not but at least I'll do my part to have something for those doing their homework before they buy. It was not easy to find that fact when I bought mine as a matter of fact. I found out on a comparison video between the Bumpboxx and the Exos 9 I believe and it was just a short mention that I had to go back to make sure of what I heard. I had my bout with them and they won but now instead of settling, I'm going to speak loudly with what I have.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
I notice 2 things about the Akoustix:

1. "Contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects" yikes
2. "True Stereo" i wonder if thats true?

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Hell I like the Chinese version better lol. Least it comes in black has a nice handle , black speakers , I actually think the overall look is better.

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
Dec 24, 2010
USA
T-STER said:
I notice 2 things about the Akoustix:

1. "Contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects" yikes
2. "True Stereo" i wonder if thats true?

They're probably referring to the lead in the battery.

JVC Floyd said:
Hell I like the Chinese version better lol. Least it comes in black has a nice handle , black speakers , I actually think the overall look is better.

Same handle as the Bumpboxx. Same carbon-look vinyl wrap as well.

As for 10,000 watts, lol.......these things have 150 watts RMS at best. "Music Power" and "PMPO" are meaningless.

retro

Aug 12, 2010
New York
Interesting, any word from Bumpboxx on this Akoustiq model? I'm with JVC Floyd on the black color scheme and metal dust caps.

retro

Aug 12, 2010
New York
I just stumbled upon the Akoustiq model for sale at a much lower price on this site.

Akoustiq_Boombox_540x.png

unnamed_540x.jpg

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
I wonder if it is internally the same power, etc..? If so, I'm not so much concerned about how ticked off Bumpboxx might be...what about those that paid $499.99 for a Bumpboxx? Hats off I guess. They had it first and were able to sell the units in large quantities

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
I have the original version. I can't get caught up in the additional versions that continue to pop up and go up in price. I hate the original square handle. The rounded handle is ideal for sure. Mono does kinda blow, but it is pretty deep and loud. $379 shipped was a good buy imo. The exose 9 sits on my kitchen counter. I love that radio. I also have the aiwa X15. I like that it has luggage wheels. I pull it out from time to time.

Barb Bush

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2017
SoCal
That fake spectrum analyzer really sucks. Might as well just leave it blank or have a peak power output light. IMHO.

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I wonder who came first. All I know is China has borderline nonexistent rules about intellectual property.

Status
Not open for further replies.