Boombox Clock Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Cpl-Chronic said:
Oh, for sure.....I looked up the original listing & this thing is perfect for temp & voltage monitoring. The temp guage goes up to 150C it looks like so yeah, that's perfect for a heatsink monitor.....you can file down the cylinder on the end to a flat blade & drill a hole into the end to mount to the sink, possibly. Would take some elbow grease but what a nice mod to make it even more useful. Also, you can put the voltage leads on any DC circuit you wanted to monitor, not just mains....might be useful in avoiding a cap failure if you know what to look for...

So if your juice is too low or your IC's are too hot, BAM!! You can have that info at your fingertips....

Cpl
I had totally thought of using it to monitor the Amp Chip! I thought that would be awesome. Like having gauges on the dash of your hot rod!

hemiguy2006 said:
Very Nice.
Now with some red LED's for the eq sliders and she will look like the 935!! ;-)
YEP!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
Wow man, that is pretty sweet. Must have done some pretty good research finding one that fit so well. Nice resto-mod. A repair and improvement in one.
Thank you, I actually found it on eBay. It came from a Chinese seller. They seemed to have many sizes and this one was dead on!

This radio is getting many mod's. Still working away on it. Hoping to have it finished in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.