Another ebay horror story? I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The radio is going to arrive there tomorrow, I will give him the chance to just get it and be happy with what he bought. By the sounds of Alfie's deal with him, this could get ugly.

I got a message from him today:

"Are you a collector?"

^^^^^ uh, no - I'm not answering any questions outside of our transaction.

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
​Buying or selling, eBay is for the birds. I don't even look anymore, just to avoid the temptation.

I'm with Floyd on this one. Just tell them it's completely farked up and you want $400.00 for it...

Superduper

Member (SA)
blu_fuz said:
The radio is going to arrive there tomorrow, I will give him the chance to just get it and be happy with what he bought. By the sounds of Alfie's deal with him, this could get ugly.

I got a message from him today:

"Are you a collector?"
It's premature to know for certain that this transaction is for the birds. You've bought and sold so much already that I'm sure you will know what to do. Frankly though, if it was me, it's take it or leave it. If he has an issue with it, I would clearly state that the item should be returned immediately and to remind the buyer that you have video'd it being packed up, and you will video it being unpacked for the record and that any parts swaps will be reported to eBay. The price you got for it is more than fair from what I can see.

As for the collector query, not sure what that's about but I'm thinking that he probably wants to know how knowledgeable you are about the product to determine how best to squeeze you. Obviously, a collector would know his stuff whereas a non-collector might be more vulnerable to being scammed.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I just tracked the package and for some reason the estimated delivery date was the 18th but arrived last week on the 13th. So far he hasn't said anything about it and that was last Thursday.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
I hope the best for you Joe.
Between eBay , pay pal fees and crooked people I hate to even sell anything on eBay anymore.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Probably is a member here and is holding his tongue because he knows you're onto him. I find it hard to believe someone would pay hundreds for an old boombox without being a member of one of the forums (or at least lurking on them).

Superduper

Member (SA)
Reli said:
Probably is a member here and is holding his tongue because he knows you're onto him. I find it hard to believe someone would pay hundreds for an old boombox without being a member of one of the forums (or at least lurking on them).
If that's true, then I hope he's listening and understands that we respect honest transactions, not bull. So to the buyer, you got a good deal; do the right thing and don't screw your trading partner.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
^ agree. He could be on here lurking, which is fine. There are a lot of people that do.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
-GZ- said:
Lurker is the polar opposite of troll. Like the ying and the yang.
So... someone that's posts things that makes us all happy? Why would anybody do such evil things? Get him!!! Hahaha.

Glad it's looking good Joe. Hopefully just a minor miscommunication was all.

Status
Not open for further replies.