AIWA CS-660H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Hisrudeness said:
880 is top of the range and a heavier, better built and louder box but lacks a little treble and you tend to be constantly adjusting bass, treble, DSL when you play different types of music.
In essence there's less messing around with a healthy 770 but 880 is the class.

retrohead

Member (SA)
im sure my recently aquired ones a 660k rudey :hmmm: as found out recently, a truely beautiful looking,and sounding radio.i totally agree with your feelings on the m70 versus it too.aiwa=better :-D

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Sorry for digging up old thread, was looking for more information aout Aiwa CS-600 and CS-660, the 2 boomboxes i dream about having :lol: These are very nice pieces, i love both CS-660 and 600 but 600 looks more awesome to me with it´s LED level meter :yes:
I hope i´ll get myself one of these one day too :-D

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
The Aiwa 600 is a pretty basic box. Most of them are made in Singapore. They lack decent treble but the DSL works nicely.
The CS-660 is a much bigger and better box. The European spec (660E) is a bit of a pain for line-in as it uses a din plug only.
There is quite a difference in build quality between the two as well.

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Hisrudeness said:
The Aiwa 600 is a pretty basic box. Most of them are made in Singapore. They lack decent treble but the DSL works nicely.
The CS-660 is a much bigger and better box. The European spec (660E) is a bit of a pain for line-in as it uses a din plug only.
There is quite a difference in build quality between the two as well.
By bigger you mean what ? They look quite the same size though. And if i understand you right, you say Aiwa CS-660 is better in any way than Aiwa CS-600 ? They both are very rare and expensive, never seen them for sale in Estonia and seen only few on eBay. What´s the price they usually go for ?

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
It's a bigger box, it's higher up in the Aiwa range. I don't know about the situation in Estonia but both boxes occasionally easy yo find on EBay Europe especially the 600.

A couple of old pics for size reference.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.