AIWA CS-660H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
AIWA 660 is my 'eleanor' box and I've always preferred these to the similar sized and sounding M70 ( I have a couple of those as well). I just got this US version delivered and love it. Good looking,big sound and nice and heavy. AIWA has great pedigree and a high percentage of their mid size to large boxes are great as well the DSL feature being brilliant.
I wanted the U.S. version because it has a proper line-in.....why? Because the needles don't bounce properly on the Din plug version! I listen to a lot of rare groove and funk Internet radio stations when I work from home.
U.S. version made in Singapore (16w)and European one made in Japan (20w)

Enjoy the pics.

T-STER

Member (SA)
These are beautiful Rudey, I'm with you on the Aiwa boxes, they sound lovely and just have a quality feel. I only have one but will be making it two soon.

These look like such a good mid range box, I will definately be keeping an eye out for these. Good score mate and glad they arrived safe :D

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
T-STER said:
These are beautiful Rudey, I'm with you on the Aiwa boxes, they sound lovely and just have a quality feel. I only have one but will be making it two soon.

These look like such a good mid range box, I will definately be keeping an eye out for these. Good score mate and glad they arrived safe :D
How you doing Tre? I've got three of these now. The two pictured and a beater that lurks in my garage for parts.
which one you got on the way? Go on spill..

Northerner

Boomus Fidelis
Very nice...gotta love Aiwa quality. And getting the vu's bouncing properly is really important so I don't blame you for getting this new one! Another great score :-)

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Northerner said:
Very nice...gotta love Aiwa quality. And getting the vu's bouncing properly is really important so I don't blame you for getting this new one! Another great score :-)
I'm surprised you haven't had a crack at this model Si? Traditional styling and clean up well. you already know about the DSL.

Northerner

Boomus Fidelis
Hisrudeness said:
I'm surprised you haven't had a crack at this model Si? Traditional styling and clean up well. you already know about the DSL.
So many boxes to get, not enough shelf space to hold them...sadly

systemaddict

Member (SA)
Very nice, only ever owned one aiwa which was the tpr968. From what I recall very solid good quality sounding box.
Nice one on the 660 it's very purdy indeed :yes:

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
systemaddict said:
Very nice, only ever owned one aiwa which was the tpr968. From what I recall very solid good quality sounding box.
Nice one on the 660 it's very purdy indeed :yes:
968 is a great box very similar and a little better build quality but lacks DSL

monchito

Boomus Fidelis
I have both of those they are great looking and sounding boxes plus another one to consider getting is the Aiwa Tpr 990 :-)

systemaddict

Member (SA)
Hisrudeness said:
968 is a great box very similar and a little better build quality but lacks DSL
Yes that's the old beauty, mine was pretty shabby so I moved it on a few year back. They look great together in that pic :yes: hard to pick a fave tbh :drool:

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
monchito said:
I have both of those they are great looking and sounding boxes plus another one to consider getting is the Aiwa Tpr 990 :-)
The 990 is a great box albeit with a complicated deck.

Check the progress of the design on the three boxes with the 968 being the 'bridge'

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
SpaceLobster said:
Nice and blue, now you only need a 770A and 880 :yes:. Or maybe you have a 880, I don't know actually.

Peace
Got the 880 and the 770 (in silver)
All good boxes....got dibs on your 770A remember?

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Nice collection Rudey!
It's great to see the gradual design changes, side by side.

I love the "eleanor" reference. My departed step father always used that term for his personal grails, be it cars or whatever.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Brutus442 said:
Nice collection Rudey!
It's great to see the gradual design changes, side by side.

I love the "eleanor" reference. My departed step father always used that term for his personal grails, be it cars or whatever.
The 'Eleanor' reference is because after hankering after a 660 for ages (not common in UK) the first two were delivered damaged. The second one I repaired, the first one was wrecked! I was third time lucky with the last one!

Lasonic TRC-920

Hisrudeness said:
The 990 is a great box albeit with a complicated deck.

Check the progress of the design on the three boxes with the 968 being the 'bridge'
Damn, that triple shot is what dreams are made of :drool:

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
SpaceLobster said:
I didn't forget no :-). How much better does the 880 sound to your 770 ?

Peace
880 is top of the range and a heavier, better built and louder box but lacks a little treble and you tend to be constantly adjusting bass, treble, DSL when you play different types of music.
In essence there's less messing around with a healthy 770 but 880 is the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.