3D printed replacement power switch for VZ2000 - it worked!

iainjh

Member (SA)
May 5, 2020
My VZ2000 was missing its power switch. Both the external silver button and the entire lever. The inside power switch was there but it had a massive ugly hole on full view

I tried to 'Tinkercad' a replacement lever and switch assembly but couldn't get the angles quite right, so I have instead patched in a second switch in parallel, and created a styled button replacement. I've uploaded the STL's to thingiverse. Hopefully they'll show up /publish soon.

This is just an FYI if anyone else's VZ2000 is missing a power switch, the models might help. If the STL's dont publish, its easy to print and mount as the inside front face has some handy mounting points. I got a simple latching switch off Ebay, 220v capable but there's only 18v across it and very little current (as far as I could tell). I recessed that into the bottom face of the switch and it feels pretty good in use. Paint is Mr Color Super Duralumin model paint, and a clear coat to stop it rubbing off so quick.

I could have used a better connector, if I had one. But with the wires tucked away, it seems to work well.

IMG_7132.JPG

IMG_7129.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

Reactions: Huffers