2019 Sunshine Meet?! (My 10 Yr. Reunion-09)

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi everyone,I’m thinking it’s been 10 years since the 2009 Sunshine Mix which I attended and it was one of the biggest ever for Florida. Many members and 114 boomboxes I heard.
Well I’d like to have one and it would most likely be best to have it March or April if we were to stay true to 09’ standards!
But anytime some of us can make another happen that would be fantastic because I believe it’s ling overdue!
Tony (AHardbody) was the generous host for the 09’ meet.
I think we should make it happen!
I may have to do something for Disney down there soon so it may work out for me.
Let’s get involved and keep the Boombox spirits alive with another springtime Sunshine Mix 2019!!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I would love to get back with the whole Florida crew whether it's a boombox meet or just a cookout. Hey, maybe we can all meet at Jimmy's house and grill some sausages! :lol: :-D

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Fatdog said:
I would love to get back with the whole Florida crew whether it's a boombox meet or just a cookout. Hey, maybe we can all meet at Jimmy's house and grill some sausages! :lol: :-D
Killer idea but we may need a club house or outdoor meet so we don’t impose on anyone possibly. Man Tony’s clubhouse was the bomb!

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Still waiting to see if there is more interest,I just spent 5 days there and am going back! I love it-it’s warm!!’😊😎 I bet Jimmy would like it but I reached out to Juan and John(JT) but no response yet. Thanks Adam,I’m trying to keep the spirit alive!😎🎶🎼📻📻

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Oh I’d like to make this happen. Early to mid April is the soonest I could nake it I’m afraid. It takes time to come up with more funds. But I like that we have 2 plus me and possibly 1 more for 4 of us. Let’s see what happens in the next 2-3 weeks. Location and more members will be key.😎

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
It would be nice but I think the first two Sunshine meets really made magic!!

It was such an event on both meets we had Wonderlust which documented and took pics of members boomers and then do a book on the history of each boombox. We had Ralph from Germany visiting on the 1st or 2nd meet. Imagine that a guy coming all the way from Germany to be part of it. There were also these other two guys from Chicago I believe can't remember their names. I mean those two meets in my opinion were the bomb!

Yes Tony and his wife were such hostesses!

Sometimes special moments only last for a short period then it fades.

All is left are the memories. How I wish we can bring back that magic!

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i still have one of the original m90's from the first sunshine mix...it was hemiguys, would have loved to have been there

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
using the hemiguy m90 now Abba lay all you're love on me and Bob Marley jammin, may the vibes rock you all :afro:

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
I remember JaeTee was telling me about the Boomboxery pedigree that his M90 had. Said that it was pretty much voted in as one of the loudest boxes in the bunch.

I believe it because it'll make you cringe at 10ft :-)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
so we know where the 2 stars of the show are transistorised that's nice to know bro, hemiguy said his was voted number one because of the upgraded marantz woofers although i confess it's not the loudest because the woofers are 8 ohm but the sound is sheer quality my man :yes: :-)

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Im down for a meet for sure and hosted the last one back in 2012. Im sure Jimmy would love to be involved as well. heck maybe we can all chip in and have Ira flown in by helicopter

Rimmer36 said:
so we know where the 2 stars of the show are transistorised that's nice to know bro, hemiguy said his was voted number one because of the upgraded marantz woofers although i confess it's not the loudest because the woofers are 8 ohm but the sound is sheer quality my man :yes: :-)
Glad you still have it and kept the marantz woofers in it. that M90, although not the loudest of the bunch probably has the warmest bass ever heard coming from an M90.
193631F8-11CB-4F35-AD39-4244806F74F4.jpeg

miss that old girl dearly

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
We really need to bring that magic back!!

I almost forgot about the third meet at Franks back then!!

It was also great and that meet is when we all got to meet Jimmy!!

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
hemiguy2006 said:
Im down for a meet for sure and hosted the last one back in 2012. Im sure Jimmy would love to be involved as well. heck maybe we can all chip in and have Ira flown in by helicopter

Glad you still have it and kept the marantz woofers in it. that M90, although not the loudest of the bunch probably has the warmest bass ever heard coming from an M90.
193631F8-11CB-4F35-AD39-4244806F74F4.jpeg

miss that old girl dearly
Thanks and god bless Frank....i parted with her for a while but had do have her back in my life....it's been 10 years now i think :cool:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Transistorized said:
All this talk about sunshine 2019, thought I would get the old girl out in the sunshine for 2019.

20190626_143435.jpg
AWESOME BOX!!!! :)

Hey gang.... I am willing to host a house meet... just need to figure out when is best time? would rather not do it while it's blistering hot outside though.... How does late fall or winter sound? Maybe around Halloween timeframe?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Rimmer36 said:
Marantz woofers from a Marantz boombox? Or from one of their floor speakers?