Yall ever take your boomboxes out of hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
You need to find some new compadres. Nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life. :-D :lol: :cool: :yes: :breakdance: :surf:
TOTALLY!

Go to the "Meets" section, there is tons of action going on.
don't think I'd be able to attend. Would also be weird having some big guys chugging beer at the events while I sit there like a clueless clutz :lol:

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
We've have a few younger members on theses boards so you're not unique.

Crazy gamer -Valter
Spacelobster- Elias. Had a great collection in his very early 20s and was 'the boombox guy' at his university when he lived in the UK.

There was another young guy from the Midwest I think who liked Panasonics? I forget his name though.

As I say just watch and learn from the veterans on here and you'll be alright.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
FWSnake said:
Joe... one of your pictures is just of beer.... lol.
I would love to bring one everywhere, for a while I always had one in a car.
The problem I have is my wife thinks I'm ridiculous and it embarrasses her to even bring them out.
So I pretty much just use them when she's not around... which... is pretty much just at work. Hahaha.
Goddamn, why did I just now catch that? Also, where do you work where you can bring a boombox and not have it be some sort of distraction?
Auto body shop. We work with the music on all day. Pretty dull without it actually.

SLO said:
We ARE crazy! LOL ... Wouldnt have it any other way ;-)
Amen to that!

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
trippy1313 said:
Joe... one of your pictures is just of beer.... lol.
I would love to bring one everywhere, for a while I always had one in a car.
The problem I have is my wife thinks I'm ridiculous and it embarrasses her to even bring them out.
So I pretty much just use them when she's not around... which... is pretty much just at work. Hahaha.
Goddamn, why did I just now catch that? Also, where do you work where you can bring a boombox and not have it be some sort of distraction?
Auto body shop. We work with the music on all day. Pretty dull without it actually.

SLO said:
We ARE crazy! LOL ... Wouldnt have it any other way ;-)
Amen to that!

Cool! I really want to get into automobile repair. Classic cars are a dream. What cars have you worked on in the past?

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
FWSnake said:
Cool! I really want to get into automobile repair. Classic cars are a dream. What cars have you worked on in the past?
Uh.... lol. Hard to say. I work on different cars every day. The pickup in my profile pic is mine. It's the first vehicle I bought at 15. '49 Ford F1. My dad and I restored it. That was 15 years ago, (I'm 30 now).

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
trippy1313 said:
Uh.... lol. Hard to say. I work on different cars every day. The pickup in my profile pic is mine. It's the first vehicle I bought at 15. '49 Ford F1. My dad and I restored it. That was 15 years ago, (I'm 30 now).
I like it, though I've never been a sucker for cars before '53. I assume you've worked with a lot of rad 60's muscle cars!

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I used to carry a boombox on my walk to work for about 7 years up until last year (had my hours reduced and had to cut buying new music, hence no new mixtapes, of which I'd make a new one every month). I'll probably start carrying again, as soon as I get some new musical inspirations I'll want to listen to. i listen to a boombox at work in my office too.

I had a little old lady only last week ask where my ghettoblaster was, so it's great that people miss it. At least a dozen people on my walk to work would comment, positively, and miss me not having one. It's quite endearing!

Rock On.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Gluecifer said:
I used to carry a boombox on my walk to work for about 7 years up until last year (had my hours reduced and had to cut buying new music, hence no new mixtapes, of which I'd make a new one every month). I'll probably start carrying again, as soon as I get some new musical inspirations I'll want to listen to. i listen to a boombox at work in my office too.

I had a little old lady only last week ask where my ghettoblaster was, so it's great that people miss it. At least a dozen people on my walk to work would comment, positively, and miss me not having one. It's quite endearing!

Rock On.
What kind of music are you listening to these days? Maybe I can surprise you with something?

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

Rock On.
What kind of music are you listening to these days? Maybe I can surprise you with something?
I wouldn't mind a mixtape as well :lol:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I had a tonne up on soundcloud but just recently stopped paying for their pro account, so only one's left up (3 hour limit), which is last year's Halloween Mixtape, can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/rick-shithouse/synthetixfm-rhythm-vivisection-halloween-mixtape-2016-see-description-for-tracklisting

Chris: Hmm I'm kind of inbetween stuff at the moment but really just listening to new-AOR, ie, State Cows/Youg Gun Silver Fox/Coastland Ride/Care Of Night/Palace/Lionville/Wigelius/Work of Art/etc. That stuff's really been rockin the magic for me, but doesn't really inspire making mixtapes like the 80s inspired synth stuff I did for the Synthetix.FM Mixtapes.

These are the most exciting new rockers I've heard of late:

https://soundcloud.com/akos-stardust/live-fast-go-high

Really not sure what music will really take my fancy next, but I'm sure the universe will provide!

Rock On.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
I have since 1977!! The Craig 2606 circa 1970 vintage.
Oh and the memories of the Sharp GF-8989II back in the early 80's! Yes they are 'Portable' radios and thus are made to play outside!!😊😎🎼🎶📻📻

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Ghettoboom767 said:
I have since 1977!! The Craig 2606 circa 1970 vintage.
Oh and the memories of the Sharp GF-8989II back in the early 80's! Yes they are 'Portable' radios and thus are made to play outside!!
Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.