What's At The Top or What Are Your Heavy Hitters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
[ Image ]

i built this thing ,it rocks!

Damn floyd you should put this into production homie :w00t: Totally sweet dude :-) I have one question are those the origional speeker grills of the m90? if so im gunna put something like that in mine to begin my mod. they are grills from some old speakers i had not from a boom box ,i was lucky i saved them.

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Aza love em all :thumbsup: is that jvc box the one from mirco? forgive me i can't remember his handle at the mo.

Hey Rimm, i think the one you are talking about sold after i purchased mine.
There was a lot of talk about mine at the time when it was listed on Epay with a heavy
'buy it now'. Catch was it had free post to anywhere in the world, which actually made
it a very good buy for me here in Australia ! But i was new to the forums and didnt want
to come clean at the time :blush:
Anyway post was expensive but they stuck to the deal and sent it :-D

Thanks for the comments guys !
Hope to see some more here .

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
I need to do mine here, but first props to AZA, love that AKAI! and the JVC TV box of course, and the Silvers! Just when you think you have them all(almost!)... :thumbsup:

Thanks James. Looking forward to seeing yours here too :thumbsup:

LLopez

Member (SA)
May 8, 2009
My Gld MX-900 does not wait that much and is a heavy hitter, The bass is deep with crisp high, I put it up against my M71cand it is a bit louder. :w00t:

vladi123456

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Texas
Some people might know this boombox as National RX-7200, but very few are aware of its real name - National Christina 3D RX-7200. Although I'm not 100% positive about 3D - those might be double D's :lol:

Jovie

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
It would have to be my Clairtone 7979.I absolutely love this rather rare box! Also in my collection is a Pana RX-Dt-680.Though the Pana and Clairtone both have great bass,I much prefer the 7979 over all.Despite the 680s equalizer,its highs can never be pushed out of the "polite" range.For me this is a problem for most '90s boxes.The Clairtone 7979,however,has that much loved "old school" boombox high frequency attitude that defines the classic era for me.

Concerning the 680,I really see that box in a different light when running my Ipod through it with the players EQ set to "treble boost".This assists the boxes sliders to provide enough EQ for its highs to sound bright and sharp.I haven't tried this with the 7979 though.That might make you deaf!

------------------------------------Vlad.MORE PIX PLEASE :w00t:

from the base.Not my actual example...

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
...Panny 680, Kaboom, and the M71.

is this list of yours in any particular order?
...the Kaboom is the heaviest hitter of the 3, followed by the 680 and the M71.

Status
Not open for further replies.