VerY UnUSuaL BoXeS...!

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
funktoon said:
unlike you, boomboxes aren't collector's items to me. they're symbols of the REAL (as in ANTI-gangsta) hip-hop CULTURE i still embrace and that is the REASON you all have YOUR boxes.

YOU'RE WELCOME
So you embrace a side of the culture from the good old days that focussed on acceptance, peace, love and unity and come in here with you super agressive attitude? Yeah good work there, real smart.

And why do you insist on signing off with "my culture blah blah your welcome" you know you sound like a self absorbed child right?

Trust me the world would still have boomboxes and hip hop culture if you had never existed. Why dont we focus on the fact that we share a love of something. Its ok to disagree on which box we like best, thats part of the fun and part of being human. Its ok to disagree.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Don’t let this troll ruin an amazing thread. Making assumptions about it all seems rather narrow minded and rather funny. Cya.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
‘Culture this’ and ‘Culture that’....... Pfft, I’m just here for the good company and the shared love of all things ‘Boombox’. :rock: :-)
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Nailed it! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ :thumbsup: :rock: :clap:

ps:
As a point of 'cultural interest'(!) I am currently listening to "Jose Carreras & Friends Sing Operatic Arias, Duets & Popular Songs" (Live) on tape through my Sharp GF-9000 - and I just may blast out a earful of Jimi Hendrix later. :yes:

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
JVC Floyd said:
Trust me I don't hate you because you're different you just sound like a first-class a hole.

F*** pop culture I buy them cuz I like boom boxes.

UnLike these Millennials that live in their pop bubble full of bulshiat.

I was there almost from f****** day one doing this s***.

Oh trust me I used to sound like a cocky horse's ass when I started out here too.
MyOhMy said:
‘Culture this’ and ‘Culture that’....... Pfft, I’m just here for the good company and the shared love of all things ‘Boombox’. :rock: :-)
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Nailed it! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ :thumbsup: :rock: :clap:

ps:
As a point of 'cultural interest'(!) I am currently listening to "Jose Carreras & Friends Sing Operatic Arias, Duets & Popular Songs" (Live) on tape through my Sharp GF-9000 - and I just may blast out a earful of Jimi Hendrix later. :yes:
To...the...point.

We jerk each other's chain all the time in jest. You can do that after a while. We have strong opinions about each other's shiat. You can do that after a while.
We sometimes get excited and act like dicks. I have. The secret is that word "apologize." I have several times, I'm sure I'll have to again sometime. Folks here bluntly tell you when you've ****ed up.

You haven't been here a while.

Bye, Felicia.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
caution said:
Wondering guys if somebody can remind me which box is this.
I am sure I 've seen its pictures but just can't place it and recall the name.

From
Beverly Hills Cop III

3.jpeg
Apparently this is an actual model.
Deech just spotted one at a market stall, with red grilles.
Sherton? Shorton? Never heard of it before!

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/28026-market-tour-ala-deech/?p=355647
Yes, Sherton
http://wikiboombox.com/tiki-index.php?page=Sherton+8070G

sunshine_ax

Member (SA)
Aiwa said:
this sharp is a real pre-boombox!

WOW! I love this one! I have this thing in my head that says that a boombox is anything you can walk with, at least around the block, and is stereo. I personally stick with tape cassette capable and radio ones. This thing look way ahead of it's time!

I especially love that angled shape! Have you ever seen one in real life?

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
Mystic Traveller said:
Wondering guys if somebody can remind me which box is this.
I am sure I 've seen its pictures but just can't place it and recall the name.

From
Beverly Hills Cop III

3.jpeg
Yes Alex i can confirm too its a Sherton 8070G. I didnt know it was featured on Beverly Hills Cop III . Now i have to watch that movie again :)

Alpha Mike

Member (SA)
May 16, 2019
SI
Hello!

Did not find suitable topic.. SHARP GF 5757 in white/beige color. Does someone own it. I have a chance to get one (advertised in all working order) but I wanna know how it looks in real life? Good or like it paint has been just removed from plastic?

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Alpha Mike said:
Hello!

Did not find suitable topic.. SHARP GF 5757 in white/beige color. Does someone own it. I have a chance to get one (advertised in all working order) but I wanna know how it looks in real life? Good or like it paint has been just removed from plastic?
The GF-5757 was available in two colors - silver and gold. The gold version has black markings around the knobs and switches, but there was also a (maybe slightly darker) gold version that had white markings. That's probably the one you have a chance to get.

There were also different Sharp models (in different colors) that used the same body as the GF-5757. Those models were Sharp GF-6565H and Sharp GF-454. In the picture below, the GF-5757 models are the top right and bottom left.

Alpha Mike

Member (SA)
May 16, 2019
SI
Well in person it looks much worse than in pictures. It emmits strange buzzing sounds, tape motor does not work and 2 tape buttons are broken. And FM reception is poor, so I passed.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Ooh nice!

Fatdog said:
The GF-5757 was available in two colors - silver and gold. The gold version has black markings around the knobs and switches, but there was also a (maybe slightly darker) gold version that had white markings. That's probably the one you have a chance to get.

There were also different Sharp models (in different colors) that used the same body as the GF-5757. Those models were Sharp GF-6565H and Sharp GF-454. In the picture below, the GF-5757 models are the top right and bottom left.
Nice info! I have updated the Wiki page for it:
http://wikiboombox.com/tiki-index.php?page=Sharp+GF-5757