Venice Beach Meet 2.0 (Professional Picture Gallery)

static2000g

Member (SA)
Sep 23, 2014
super awesome pics!!!! I wish I was there, looks and sounds like fun man. I have not found any boomer folks to link up with in motown yet but hopefully I can attend the next Mid West meet

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
You guys are ****ING BOSS! This feels like a dream. Amazing to see you guys lug these beasts around all as part of the hobby! No shelf queens here. Sharing with the world is what this is all about. Bringing back the memories that have been long lost to many of the people you passed by. I wish I could have been part of it. Way to represent.

milosancho

Member (SA)
Jun 2, 2009
Central Coast, California
Man am I ever glad I made a point to make this my first meet. Turns out is was epic! And we have the pictures to prove it. It was great to meet everyone. Looking forward to the next one, BBQ meet. (see what I did there?) :-)

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Wow this looked like an amazing day. If we wern't seperated by a massive ocean I would of been there like a shot. We may have to organise a UK equivalent. You boys looked like you had massive amounts of fun!

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
I felt like all of our Boomboxery brothers were with us that day on the beach... through a couple of the brothers that were wearing shirts now more people know about this group.. and if they choose to log on and join they will also have cool Boomboxery brothers around the world... I am glad to be a part of it ..

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
This is pretty cool you guys. I'm humbled by the pics. I'm sure it felt pretty cool to have all those boxes in an area like that, with all those people. Great job getting this together guys.

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Props to the individuals lugging around TWO boomers each. Talk about DEDICATED! :bow: :clap: :hooray:

You guys really know how to put the HELL in HELL YEAH! :w00t: :rock: :w00t: :rock: Way to go! :coolpics: Kudos to the photographer! :thankyou: for this wonderful record so we can all enjoy your

good times & friendship!

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Thanks everyone for the great comments and the love, we're so glad Nannette Ricaforte captured this day for us so that we could share it with all of you WORLDWIDE.

The only thing we forgot about was the Venice Beach live cam. My wife pointed it out to me while we walked down the boardwalk, but we never set an exact time to gather around it and give a wave to everyone. Apologies.

Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Did anyone else pick up on this?

Screenshot 2015-03-17 12.06.54.png
Screenshot 2015-03-17 12.07.05.png

Kick ass pictures guys...you have raised the bar to incredible heights!

OK Rest of the world??? What Now?
BOOMBOXERY...The next gen :-)

View attachment 16833

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
I echo SLO's sentiments. Thank you all for the love and support. And dare I say, it's just the beginning!

Although I have a very small collection of blasters, I'm very blessed to have a huge collection of boombox buddies! Each one of them is worth at least a dozen grails. What good is it to have 100+ radios if you have no one to enjoy them with?

mancardo

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2012
Goodyear, AZ U.S.
howie1976 said:
I echo SLO's sentiments. Thank you all for the love and support. And dare I say, it's just the beginning!

Although I have a very small collection of blasters, I'm very blessed to have a huge collection of boombox buddies! Each one of them is worth at least a dozen grails. What good is it to have 100+ radios if you have no one to enjoy them with?
:agree:

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
This is slightly off-topic, but do you mind if I ask what kind of transmitter you guys used? You can PM me if you don't want conversation to stray from this awesome meet.

milosancho

Member (SA)
Jun 2, 2009
Central Coast, California
Hey Trippy - I think you're on topic. I brought the transmitter to the meet and it was a Whole House FM Transmitter 2.0

It worked ok. Definately worked a lot better when we were not in motion but rather in a bunch. Like when the boxes were all lined up on the wall or on the steps. When we started walking and straying the FM reception was cutting out. It didn't help that the LA area is jammed packed with very strong FM stations so the FM transmitter was fighting for bandwidth with those strong stations. Wish I had more time to research the best place on the dial for this transmitter to do its thing.

On this transmitter you can tune it to any station, even has preset station. It has a volume and mute button.

The biggest drawback, I thought, was the wire antenna. It was long and cumbersome. In fact in one of the pictures you see me struggling with the wires.

The newest version of this transmitter (3.0) has a hard plastic antenna. I believe SLO just bought one and I hope he chimes in with a review. The 2.0 version can be had now for a lot less than what I paid for it - you can pick one up for as low as $25 which I think is a small investment. The 3.0 version is about $80. I bet in a year the price will be half because there will be a 4.0 version.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
I gotta agree with Howie, having friends to share this with just makes it so much more fun. And the best part is, NO DRAMA. Just a bunch of bass heads doin what we do and havin a dam good time with it.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
milosancho said:
Hey Trippy - I think you're on topic. I brought the transmitter to the meet and it was a Whole House FM Transmitter 2.0

It worked ok. Definately worked a lot better when we were not in motion but rather in a bunch. Like when the boxes were all lined up on the wall or on the steps. When we started walking and straying the FM reception was cutting out. It didn't help that the LA area is jammed packed with very strong FM stations so the FM transmitter was fighting for bandwidth with those strong stations. Wish I had more time to research the best place on the dial for this transmitter to do its thing.

On this transmitter you can tune it to any station, even has preset station. It has a volume and mute button.

The biggest drawback, I thought, was the wire antenna. It was long and cumbersome. In fact in one of the pictures you see me struggling with the wires.

The newest version of this transmitter (3.0) has a hard plastic antenna. I believe SLO just bought one and I hope he chimes in with a review. The 2.0 version can be had now for a lot less than what I paid for it - you can pick one up for as low as $25 which I think is a small investment. The 3.0 version is about $80. I bet in a year the price will be half because there will be a 4.0 version.
I've been looking at those as well. Cool deal