Unusual Collections: Show us UR diagnostic or servicing Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Roman, that '60s Philips multi-meter is a thing of splendid beauty. :yes: :-) Very nice.

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
This one was an really boombox + tv repair multimeter! :w00t:
I got it from the PHILIPS service center, when they bought new ones (the grey units).
Normally the old stuff always must get destroyed to prevend pre-selling. :sadno:
But when your are looking, there is always a way.... :-P :angelic:

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
I don't know about you guys, but European house wiring scares the crap out of me..... :lol:

Aiwa

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
71spud said:
I don't know about you guys, but European house wiring scares the crap out of me..... :lol:
the house was built short after WWII ! :yes: :-D

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
If it was build before WWII they usually just fish the wires through the bullet holes right? ;-)

I wonder what they do in old castles... wire-track it all? :hmmm:

Aiwa

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
71spud said:
If it was build before WWII they usually just fish the wires through the bullet holes right? ;-)

lol...

The house is built with more the 40cm walls...
(that might be 16inch)

.............dunno what walls you`ve got over there... :-D :-D :-D

Aiwa

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Superduper said:
Hey AIWA,

What diagnostic purpose does the bottle of wine serve? Do you use that to treat the belts or something?

:lol:
hahaha-

I changed the 990 belt that evening for a friend -he brought wine and ouzo... :lol: :w00t: :-D

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Aiwa said:
71spud said:

lol...

The house is built with more the 40cm walls...
(that might be 16inch)

.............dunno what walls you`ve got over there... :-D :-D :-D
My walls are 7" tops ( 1/2" drywall, 2x6 (really 5 1/2), 1/2" chipboard and vinyl siding ) They will not withstand an attack of any sort... :sadno:

Aiwa

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
wow! :-O
in this village old houses have got 40 cm walls sometimes 50.

btw-you`ll find all these pics in the base.
look just to tpr990/tpr950 ;-)

SUCCESS

Member (SA)
May 14, 2009
Agree %100 with superduper. Fixing then is also a pleasure :yes: ... there are some exceptions ...

A have voltimeter and a Storage Oscope (20Mhz).

I think that a function generator and a universal counter (or some combo) would be a great adition

You have lot of eq. there and from well known brands :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

In my prev. work I used to have more instruments. There was a vintage HP RLC (oohhhh I love those with red digits), a KEPCO power supply (the MOST accurate, reliable amd solid I've ever seen), and Advantest (RS) Spectrum Analizer and the friendly and always ready fluke scopemeter 123. When I moved, I missed the Kepco and the Fluke :'-( :'-( . I always dream of buying these .. but they are soooo expensive.
The Fluke 123 in Argentina is near 1500 dollars and the KEPCO (preowned, buyed at spin electronics) cost 1000 euro !!!.
If someone is looking for a good power supply, keep this in mind.

SUCCESS

Member (SA)
May 14, 2009
Jens: If I were you I wouldn't touch the 990. Not a bomb ... but very close.

Nice tool setup !!!!

Superduper

Member (SA)
Come on Success. Once you conquer that 990, you'll feel much better and different. I love the 990. In fact, just lugged it out to listen and it's great. Mechanism IS soft touch and smooth. Application is very smooth, FF is quiet, RW is quiet. I love it! Great well built machine. Could use more chrome as opposed to painted buttons but that might be nitpicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.