TRK-9150W speaker chroming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Wow, that's really cool! Quick work! Looks like the woofer is 3-4 separate pieces?

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Thanks man! Actually in that shot it's all one piece, but there was too much buckling for it to handle so I broke it up into four pieces that sorta overlap at the four notches to keep the long open areas smooth. You can see here how I tried cutting that piece at the top and bottom, but it didn't really work.

Separating the other grille went much faster after learning from the first.

By the way jimmy, I had those two case pieces backwards, I just realized that the wires that plug into the woofer are on the opposite side. Woops. So I have to take back what I said about a blocked bass port. I'm good!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I keep envisioning a red LED that goes back and forth in the horizontal tweeter - much like a Cylon Centurion. Yes, I am a dork.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Cool idea fatdog, I'll have to keep that one in the back of my head for the future :-)

I had just finished gluing the new bulb into place after drilling out some of the frame to accommodate it, when I noticed the deck kept auto-stopping. Uh oh. There's a white wheel right next to the flywheel whose shaft has cracked off just below the metal plate it sticks through. There's a nearby notch that appears to have been linked to it with something that has broken away. Being PVC it probably won't glue well, so it'd need a supporting pin and a major disassembly to get it replaced. Given I can still use mp3 cassettes in the deck I think I'm done.

On a whim I Googled the model number to see what was out there and found new parts for this and similar models.
It seems to be legit, I'm tempted to get a new cassette door and some other things.

https://www.encompassparts.com/model/HITTRK9150W/_/_/Hitachi/TRK9150W/

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
caution said:
Cool idea fatdog, I'll have to keep that one in the back of my head for the future :-)

I had just finished gluing the new bulb into place after drilling out some of the frame to accommodate it, when I noticed the deck kept auto-stopping. Uh oh. There's a white wheel right next to the flywheel whose shaft has cracked off just below the metal plate it sticks through. There's a nearby notch that appears to have been linked to it with something that has broken away. Being PVC it probably won't glue well, so it'd need a supporting pin and a major disassembly to get it replaced. Given I can still use mp3 cassettes in the deck I think I'm done.

On a whim I Googled the model number to see what was out there and found new parts for this and similar models.
It seems to be legit, I'm tempted to get a new cassette door and some other things.

https://www.encompassparts.com/model/HITTRK9150W/_/_/Hitachi/TRK9150W/
You know what, I noticed that white wheel was sitting at a strange angle. Mine was broken too! I JB welded mine and it worked a treat.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Weird! Well I do have some JB maybe I'll give it a go. I just ordered a new door for it, I can't believe I just ordered a new replacement part for a nearly 40-year-old boombox. WTF.
Can you tell if the arm on the plastic shaft is supposed to reach the silver thing?
It Seems like that controls the shaft, but the arm snapped half off.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
BoomboxLover48 said:
Magician doing his tricks again! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Presto Change-o! :-P

Those are very helpful shots, thanks!
Hang to it, I'm going to glue it like you did, now that I know that it's not supposed to move, The post actually broke off at the base and again with that little arm at that nearby molding piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.