To our friends in Florida.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Ramon does I believe,I think he lives or works in Boynton Beach,I'm friends with him on Facebook,I could ask.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Boynton Beach,north of Ft.Lauderdale. Really hope he's ok.
Is there anyway to check online to see what area's have power? Does anyone live close enough to him to go check?

Has Hemiguy Frank checked in?
Chris the only thing I know about Frank is that he is okay. When he got it hit with 142 MPH winds he said he and his family went into their bathroom. My cousin who also lives in Naples said that he too had to run into the center of his house because of the intense winds. Now mind you both Frank and my cousin live in concrete homes!!! Scary ****!

I also do hope that Ira is okay!!

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Cant someone go visit ira, the ol dog may need help, id fly over if i had lasonic920's skills, this is rather worrying guys

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Ira is ok!! I talked to Jimmy yesterday and he has talked to Ira,he's doing ok. Haven't heard of any real damage.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
thanks all for caring about us florida survivors -
i guess all is well with everybody down here -
for us .. we had no power for 8 days - then no internet or phone or tv till a few hours ago-
must admit --the fear of being both homeless and BOXLESS was scary :-)

one bit of joy was to learn that my old boring MONO with no sound controls // semi-egg sony #CFM-10 ( not a box to photo or for to us ' serious collectors ')
boomer stayed alive at 20 hours per day for about 6 straight days on four D duracells --so we always had music and warnings etc

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
:thumbsup: whenever the power goes out, can always count on my good friend radio to keep me entertained!
Glad you guys didnt get washed out to sea..

Superduper

Member (SA)
Admittedly while the classic grails are all great to listen to, when things are on the line and serious reliable tunes are necessary, we go with the plain jane but thrifty and reliable cheapie boxes. I always have a lower end mono at my job sites and with 4x D cells, they literally work for close to a year at modest listening levels, and I also carry a small not very impressive box among my fishing tackle gear.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Glad to hear from you Ira,very glad you were able to boombox ok until power came back on!😎🎶🎼📻

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
redbenjoe said:
Glad you're back Ira and that your mobile home survived!

I'm thinking on investing on a crank radio.

http://www.toptenreviews.com/outdoor/camping/best-crank-radios/
hey Juan --the cranks are nifty --
but i just checked ebay to see the big 10 year duracell Ds are only about a buck each when we order a case of 48 -
so that seems like the best way to go
Can't go wrong on a buck each that's for sure!

One thing though I wouldn't use those D cells on a classic box as they will drain them quick!

Then again if you're only using the tuner I think they will last a bit.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
yup - it was the mono tuner that lasted ' forever ' on the 4 D cells- kept the volume low to medium = endless power :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.