The Saga Continues (blu_fuz 5350)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yeah man. It will be a new experience to me like a brand new boomer and I get to enjoy the fruits of both our labor and all the support from you guys.

I have only heard one of these in person by Tha Fuzz at the midwest meet.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Great Job again, I'll definitely be reading these couple threads a few times to help me learn more.

These are the kind of threads that help us all. Much appreciated.

There may seem like a little brown on my nose, but that's just cause I was doing yard work today.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
blu_fuz said:
Yeah man. It will be a new experience to me like a brand new boomer and I get to enjoy the fruits of both our labor and all the support from you guys.

I have only heard one of these in person by Tha Fuzz at the midwest meet.
Oh man! That's gonna be awesome when you get it back. Please, gonna need a full thread, pictures and video!

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Superduper said:
I only hope that the guys here have learned something from this shared repair since I won't likely be accepting any more jobs.
I understood it all. Very enlightening. I haven't worked on this type of board before but it looks like they etched out the copper layer, printed the traces and resistors on the other side, applied amber soldermask, drilled only the holes for the vias, plated them, sealed them with green soldermask, and then drilled the holes for the parts.

Right out of high school I made, assembled and tested boards (and repaired dead returns) at my first job. Never dealt with carbon printing though, we'd buy poster-sized, double-copper-coated fiberglass panels and cut them up with a bandsaw and clean/image/strip/etch/plate/drill/etc etc. we had to insert tiny eyelets with tweezers into each hole meant to be a via, flare it with a foot-operated press, and then solder it. Fracturing still dogged us. I got tired of that game so I moved into designing them. I actually transitioned them off of doing their board designs at 4:1 on a huge light table to some cheap CAD layout tool. We've come a looooong way since the '80s!

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
So fantastic Norm,I read every bit of this.Just amazing your ability of tracing,reading values and deciphering on this complex board.
I don't want to sound stupid but did you refer to a schematic or did you use deductive reasoning since you have worked on one of these and are quite familiar with Panasonic's?
Just so amazing to read all of this and I believe I have learned quite a bit here.
So happy got you Joe!!
BTW,I have heard that these in fact do not put out 20wpc but indeed closer to 30 watts per channel!!
Got to get one someday.
Amazing thread Norm and Joe!!!!! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.