Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaretBadger

Member (SA)
Nov 15, 2009
The Lone Star state
www.flickr.com
it was blank!!!!! trust me

To clarify - I rewound the cassette both sides and ran APSS on my home deck - it found NO tracks EITHER side.

I found it weird - as you'd put a tracklisting. But it was blank.

Did you check your recordings?

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
ClaretBadger said:
it was blank!!!!! trust me

To clarify - I rewound the cassette both sides and ran APSS on my home deck - it found NO tracks EITHER side.

I found it weird - as you'd put a tracklisting. But it was blank.

Did you check your recordings?
yeah on tape 2 side b. What about bmoney's tracks on tape 2 side A? Makes me wonder if the post office demagnetized them somehow. Or perhaps bmoney switched tapes by accident? Are both tapes identical?

BMoney

Member (SA)
Aug 1, 2009
Northern Cali / Bay Area
As I remember it, Tape 2 Side A was blank.
Tape 2 Side B had songs from Restocat.
I completed Side B of Tape 1.

There's no way to switch the tapes because they're labeled.

Oh and...that's one really nice Panasonic you're using CB. :thumbsup:

BMoney

Member (SA)
Aug 1, 2009
Northern Cali / Bay Area
Haha :lol: Stranj! I'll try to dig something up around here for you. But I don't know about shipping you a boombox now. Looks like TEAM Maxell's tapes maybe got lost in the Bermuda Triangle while on their way to you. :lol:

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
ClaretBadger said:
cheers

there is still - however - almost 60mins (30mins a side) left to fill in on this tape for Stranj!
With that tape left, what does everyone think of having them spin the dial and record some local radio stations? I'm curious what kind of music is playing on FM.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
ClaretBadger said:
Why is Stranj getting BOTH tapes?

:-O :-O :huh:
Originally, this was to allow both tapes to end up circumnavigating the globe, as we had enough members from Europe and Australia for the two teams. The x-factor was that our resident Stranj-boy was our only South American member taking part in the project. (Is he actually our only South American member???) Anyway, it seemed to make sense at the time that he receive both tapes so the theoretical distance traveled for each set would be relatively similar, with one headed east and the other headed west. What can I say, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Well, since Terry discovered that none of his boxes can record without putting the tapes at serious risk, he gracefully bowed out of the project and that left Rick (aka: Gluecifer) as our only member down under who is participating. He is on the Maxell team. Terry's spot has since was replaced with AK74 in Germany, who is next in line to receive the tapes. (CB - please reach out to AK74 and get his address.)

But, your question about why Stranj is getting both sets of tapes kind of brings other issues to thought.... And that's reliability of the Venezuelan postal service due to their dependence on mules and the widely discussed theory that Hugo Chavez may have a thing for swiping audio cassettes to listen to in his Coby!!!

With the length of time that it is taking for these tapes to make their travels, I don't think the "race" is as important as actually finishing these up and getting some results finally posted online. Plus, with only one member in each Australia and South America (and both on the same team) I think that it's a foregone conclusion that the JVC tapes have a much greater chance of finishing much faster, especially if they DO NOT go to Venezuela. Therefore, I asked Alex (our Stranjest member) how he felt about giving up his spot to djetiene, who had made mention in the first thread I posted about this idea, that he wanted to participate as well. Alex understood why I asked and, being the jentleman that he is, said it was not a problem. So, let it be known that djetiene will indeed be taking his royal Stranjness' place on Team JVC. He will be slotted in as the final member prior to the tapes making their way back to me.

Understandably, I expect the JVC tapes to make it back home much sooner than the Maxell tapes. :yes:

As for any blank space left on the tapes, that's not a problem at all! Maybe those of you towards the end of the project can up your time to 20 minutes. And since the project kicked off, I received my SK-71 back from the shop, got an SK-200 in the mail, and even managed to land an Aiwa TPR-950. All three tape decks work great. I will be glad to fill any remaining space with tracks recorded via those boxes to add to the variety of units represented on the tapes. :-D

Finally.... without further ado, the updated status and order list is as follows:

Bold Text = Tape received
Bold Italics = Tape received and shipped to next participant
* = next in line to receive tape

Ford93 (Florida)
Fatdog (Tennesee)
Master Z (Ohio)
restocat (New Mexico)
BMoney (California)

Claret Badger (UK)
*AK74 (Germany)
Ghettoboom (Tennesee)
djetiene (Texas)