The Global Traveling Tape Race - TEAM JVC's Shipping Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
jaetee said:
I'm also guessing that Ford93, Fatdog and I have probably filled up the A-side at this point?
Yep. I think I have a track on Tape 1 Side B already. Should be plenty of room for Z and restocat to finish out though. Then Tape 2 for remaining five guys.

Master Z

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Toledo, OH!
Got the tapes in the mail today! You guys went old school, I can dig it. I'm gonna go through a few albums and do some test runs to get the levels right and finalize what box I wanna use. Vids comin' soon.

Btw thanks Fatdog for the VIP!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Hey Paul, be sure and sign the cassette before shipping out. :yes:

BMoney

Member (SA)
Aug 1, 2009
Northern Cali / Bay Area
Norm made sure I have a boombox ready to engage its heads and perform for this race. :thumbsup: My tracks are all selected and queued up at 15min 56sec. Just waiting for the tapes to make their way to me. Hopefully I can make it a next day turn around so we can make up some time. I don't know what everyone else has recorded but ain't nothing like hip-hop music for me!

Master Z

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Toledo, OH!
Ok so the tapes are on their way to Restocat.

I tried a few different combinations of recording and the last setup was the best and I probably should have used it for all of the tracks. :bang:
I used both my PC-11 and M70 hooked straight to my Technics 1300. I recorded a MP3 that unfortunatly sounds like crap compared to the vinyl and my last track I used an Pioneer RG-1 processor between the turntable and PC-11 to boost up the sound and it turned out awesome.
Here's a short vid of the M70 in action.

There is still room on tape one for probably 2 songs or at least 1 extended song.
Go team JVC!

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Tapes received here in New Mexico! :thumbsup:

After seeing ClaretBadger's comment, I was hoping MasterZ would pack the cassette inside an M70. Not the case though. :thumbsdown:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Nice!

The tapes are making their way in the world!!!! :-D

However, I have an update for Team JVC's participant list and thus the shipping order....

Unfortunately, after extensive testing of his boomboxes and their ability to properly record, Terry has found that pretty much all of this experiments yielded "sketchy" results and he does not feel he can, in good conscience, participate in this project. This is rather unfortunate as I know he was really looking forward to hearing the tapes and recording his tracks. However, I think we should totally respect the fact that he tested in advance and didn't want to put everyone else's considerable efforts and paitence at risk. When it's all said and done, I will dupe tapes for those who want them and post digital files online for download, so he will get to listen to them anyway... :-D

I did some looking at the original thread and we did have some people post their desire to participate after the project had launched. As such, I reached out to AK74 in Germany and he will be stepping in for Terry.

With Terry's drop out, that means JVC tapes will spend some extra time in Europe rather than make the long voyage to Australia...

If anyone else drops out of either team, the next person in line to fill a spot will be member DJETAINE.

Bold Text = Tape received
Bold Italics = Tape received and shipped to next participant
* = next in line to receive tape

JaeTee (Florida)
Ford93 (Florida)
Fatdog (Tennesee)
Master Z (Ohio)

restocat (New Mexico)
*BMoney (California)
Claret Badger (UK)
AK74 (Germany)
Stranj (Venezuela)
Ghettoboom (Tennesee)

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Tape is on its way to BMoney (California). :thumbsup:

I had some setbacks. Out of 20+ blasters, only one tape player decided it wanted to participate! :breakdance:
Of course, that one had no line in, so out went the use of records and tapes routed though the dynamic processor.

Long story short, recorded only 2 tracks. Plenty of room left.

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Terry said:
(The RX 5700 is slow on playback and record, sounds ok, just not at the right speed)

I Just wish you could have contributed. Is there some kind of rig you could work out, like a decent cd to cassette adapter?
I had under 10 minutes recording time, so there is still room. you could intercept after BMoney if you get something working.

BMoney

Member (SA)
Aug 1, 2009
Northern Cali / Bay Area
Finished up my leg of the race with the SuperDuper Edition S90. :thumbsup:

Also, I threw on an extra track to close out Side B of Tape 1.
That brings my set past the 17 min mark but there wasn't much room left.
Everything should equal out though.
Restocat has his set on Side B of Tape 2.
But the rest of it is available for the remaining team members.

Cheers guys! :cool:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
BMoney said:
Finished up my leg of the race with the SuperDuper Edition S90. :thumbsup:

[ Image ]

Also, I threw on an extra track to close out Side B of Tape 1.
That brings my set past the 17 min mark but there wasn't much room left.
Everything should equal out though.
Restocat has his set on Side B of Tape 2.
But the rest of it is available for the remaining team members.

Cheers guys! :cool:

Awesome! One tape done!!!

Are the tapes on their way to CB in the UK yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.