The champagne BomBeat 40 - the myth examined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
If it's custom, why is it green under the LED meters as well as the LEDs on the tuner dial? Those are painted sections underneath the glass. He would have had to create custom green labels to cover them with. A lot of photoshop work. Yes it could be done, but Litfan didn't strike me as the type of person who would spend a lot of time doing something so trivial like that.

systemaddict

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2014
East Coast England
Reli said:
If it's custom, why is it green under the LED meters as well as the LEDs on the tuner dial? Those are painted sections underneath the glass. He would have had to create custom green labels to cover them with. A lot of photoshop work. Yes it could be done, but Litfan didn't strike me as the type of person who would spend a lot of time doing something so trivial like that.
Just thought I would jump in here :-) I agree with you Reli, not only is the led section green, but if you look carefully.... the whole tuner display has green running through it. I would say defo original :yes:

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
yes Toshiba have made 2 or 3 different versions of some of there boxes so I really do not see why it would have been impossible for them to had made a silver version of the bb40 even the bombeat 12 that I have is silver with black radio dial background and red tweeters and there was a black version of the same box it was not called bombeat12 had the silver radio dial background and black tweeters so yes I believe there were 2 version of this box it could have been a special edition with a very small number of them :yes: :yes: :-)

systemaddict

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2014
East Coast England
monchito said:
yes Toshiba have made 2 or 3 different versions of some of there boxes so I really do not see why it would have been impossible for them to had made a silver version of the bb40 even the bombeat 12 that I have is silver with black radio dial background and red tweeters and there was a black version of the same box it was not called bombeat12 had the silver radio dial background and black tweeters so yes I believe there were 2 version of this box it could have been a special edition with a very small number of them :yes: :yes: :-)
I have this version monchito, is this the one you mean? it's the toshiba rt8560 :yes:unisef sz5000 191.jpg

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
yes I have that one with the red tweeters and the black radio dial background, there is a black version I will see if I got a pic of it that's a nice one mine is in not of a good shape hopefully if I find a parts box I could make a good one..

systemaddict

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2014
East Coast England
monchito said:
yes I have that one with the red tweeters and the black radio dial background, there is a black version I will see if I got a pic of it that's a nice one mine is in not of a good shape hopefully if I find a parts box I could make a good one..
Tbh it's not in the best shape, about an 8 out of 10, but very well made and great sound for a small box :yes:

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
The green graphics behind the glass absolutely speak against the idea that it could be a custom as I mentioned in the first post.
I really don't know what to think...I'm just waiting for a second one to pop up somewhere...I doubt that it is a one-of-a-kind factory job.
Custom or not - it's a beautiful machine :)

stereomad

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2012
crawley
Tbh..... Yer it's more rare than the standard bb40 but it's no way as nice.... I think the silver one looks thrown together!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I've seen the black one so often that if I ever got one, I'd paint it something else.....like british racing green or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.