The $99 2nd Gen TRC-931

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

Member (SA)
Oct 24, 2016
DMV
That is a hell of a job! The more I see and read on this forum the more I'm impressed.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Will said:
That is a hell of a job! The more I see and read on this forum the more I'm impressed.
Right on Will. I'm really glad you have jumped in with both feet. Tons of good people here and even more information on how to keep your blaster blasting!

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Chris I'm not sure I remember this thread. I think I missed it.

On of my 931's had the same issue with the function and tuner switches. Just the extensions were stripped. I was so relieved to find that out. Funny, none of my 931's have actually had a switch problem, but both my 920's do/did.

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
Chris I have to ask. I pulled belts off my 2nd gen and one of them wasn't an SBS 8.0. The counter was the same length, but the drive belt was slightly longer than counter (haven't measured). Is there a chance US and EUR version of the 2nd edition are different?

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
I think even within each generation they sometimes used different stuff inside. I remember another thread years back where someone mentioned this. Circuit boards being different as well as decks I believe.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
nopal62 said:
Woah... read through the entire thread and I'm both amazed and intimidated! Thanks for such a detailed breakdown.
Thanks for the kind words, hopefully this thread will help you.

trippy1313 said:
Chris I'm not sure I remember this thread. I think I missed it.

On of my 931's had the same issue with the function and tuner switches. Just the extensions were stripped. I was so relieved to find that out. Funny, none of my 931's have actually had a switch problem, but both my 920's do/did.
Yeah, that's always such a surprise and a relief.

Hajidub said:
Chris I have to ask. I pulled belts off my 2nd gen and one of them wasn't an SBS 8.0. The counter was the same length, but the drive belt was slightly longer than counter (haven't measured). Is there a chance US and EUR version of the 2nd edition are different?
It's possible that their could be a difference.

trippy1313 said:
I think even within each generation they sometimes used different stuff inside. I remember another thread years back where someone mentioned this. Circuit boards being different as well as decks I believe.
Absolutely

vermouth

Member (SA)
Aug 15, 2018
Brazil & USA
I just picked up a TRC-931 in a similar condition and I have to say that this thread is extremely inspiring. Thanks for documenting your process so well and for posting all of the great pictures and pieces of advice.

Basvreman

Member (SA)
Sep 14, 2018
So much respect for this man!! Tidy and good looking!

Just one question. I want to get ridd of a crackling noise in the volume switch. So from my simple point of view can I do this by removing the knob on front and spraying some deoxit in the switch without tearing it apart?

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
Basvreman said:

Just one question. I want to get ridd of a crackling noise in the volume switch. So from my simple point of view can I do this by removing the knob on front and spraying some deoxit in the switch without tearing it apart?
From the front won't give you access to the tiny entry hole. Well worth the work, mind's well do the belts while you're in there!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Basvreman said:

Unfortunately, your going to have to open it up and get to the board with the knobs to fully spray it with DeOxit contact cleaner. Simply no way around it.

Thank you for your kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.