The 5 Rarest Boomboxes In The World!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Reli said:
RS4360 isn't very rare, IMO

The reality is, if something was truly rare, none of you guys would know about it :lol:

How many of you have THIS box? It isn't mentioned on either Boomboxery OR Stereo2Go. May I present the Victoria CPR-5000B....Complete with adjustable tape door damping. :clap:

WP_20150130_09_16_14_Pro.jpg
Victoria CPR-5000B?

Must me something close to Victoria's Secret! :lol: :lol:

devol-toni

Member (SA)
May 15, 2009
Macedonia, Skopje City
I own this SRC Crusader Marc NR-94F1.
It is super rare.
I've seen so far only one review for this box on some Russian blog with the different badge ""PAN Crusader-S" NR-94F1", and.....that's all.
I have it for 4 years. Since then I have not seen another one for sale etc.

SRC Crusader Marc NR94F1.jpg

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
blu_fuz said:
The Lasonic CDX-931

Only seen 3-4 of those in my lifetime.

I think when you refer to rare, there needs to be an estimated value category to separate 'rarity'.

From $100-$200:
1. xxx
2. XxX
3. XXX

From $200-$300:
1. xxx
2. XxX
3. XXX
Now your just being silly nilly…... :angelic: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why does value matter?
And who says what the value is? Ebay? :hmmm: ;-)
I guess I thought rare meant,not seen much or very uncommon.
Am I wrong?
Rare is rare imho……. :cool:

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
I guess the point was to categorize top tier, mid tier, etc. Because small, cheap and dull-looking boomboxes are presumably less desired however rare they might be.

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
I never seen before:
Mitsubishi Z40 - looks so futuristic!!! :thumbsup:
Crown in black suitcase - looks like a spy equipment !!! :thumbsup:

Michiel

Member (SA)
Dec 29, 2012
Netherlands
skippy1969 said:
Now your just being silly nilly…... :angelic: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why does value matter?
And who says what the value is? Ebay? :hmmm: ;-)
I guess I thought rare meant,not seen much or very uncommon.
Am I wrong?
Rare is rare imho……. :cool:
Value plays no role. My rarest units were very cheap, just because no one recognised or noticed them. Sorry, but black BB40's and that kind of stuff is hardly rare. Internet is scattered with pictures of them. Also see them a couple of times per year on eBay. They are desirable and mega expensive, but not rare IMO.

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
devol-toni said:
I own this SRC Crusader Marc NR-94F1.
It is super rare.
I've seen so far only one review for this box on some Russian blog with the different badge ""PAN Crusader-S" NR-94F1", and.....that's all.
I have it for 4 years. Since then I have not seen another one for sale etc.

SRC Crusader Marc NR94F1.jpg
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

It's like a Grundig Satellit - or similarly large comms RX - but with added cassette deck. Come on people, surely this thread has been totally owned by that glorious image?

DIBS! :drool:

Please tell us more. Does it have SSB for amateur reception? How heavy is it? Does it have all of the SW bands known to humankind?

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Michiel said:
Value plays no role. My rarest units were very cheap, just because no one recognised or noticed them. Sorry, but black BB40's and that kind of stuff is hardly rare. Internet is scattered with pictures of them. Also see them a couple of times per year on eBay. They are desirable and mega expensive, but not rare IMO.
I tend to agree with Michiel.

I'd equate rare with models that never sold well or were limited to a particular area of the world, or even short production runs. Many models that had bright coloured cabinetry (ie the red JVC pc-w300 or red Sony D5 cd player) to me are rare because they were sold in much lower numbers compared to their mainstream brothers.

I guess the silver 550, and the gold Conion cold also be lumped into this as well. It just so happens that these models to tend to command a high price because of their rarity, but cost is not the benchmark by which rarity should be equated with.

To me a minty fresh, working SK-95 in my hands is a rarity...because I can't find one :-D :-P

Just my 2 cents..........