That time again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Yes thanks to Bill and Jeannie for such a great time and welcoming us into their beautiful new home!
Then Bill offered to treat us to a ride in his brand new Dodge SRT8 Challenger!
We're all like HELL YEAH!
So Bill pulled the Challenger out of the garage and took My friend Troy first then came back and picked up Joe.
When they got back it was my turn. Bill got out of the drivers seat and said "here take the wheel,I wanna hear what it sounds like when you get on it"!!! So I gladly but very carefully abliged WOW I have to say that Challenger is very impressive and very quick!
I couldn't believe he let me drive his baby,LOL!
Anyway we had a great time.
The roads got REALLY bad on the normally a 3 1/2 hour trip home. Some of the worse driving I've endured in a long time. It's one thing to drive on snow ,but ice thats a nightmare for me that I fear the most. I HATE driving on the interstate in bad weather,I always have and yesterday was no different The 12 degree temps along with very high winds were too much for the salt on the roads to deal with and turned the interstates into ice skating rinks. We saw lots of cars and trucks in the ditch as well as a few accidents actually happen around us. at one point we were on glare black ice of about a mile,I knew this because I could feel my 2011 Honda CRV 4x4 sliding side to side I let off the accelerator and actually watched the speedo and tach jump around and the traction /stability control light doing all sort of weird stuff because the tires had absolutely no traction I though of sure we were going in the ditch,very scary! It took about 5 hours of white knuckle driving to get us home safely.
Bill an I worked a trade and I ended up scoring his new Pioneer Steez Crew which I have be thinking about buying one but wanted to hear Bill's before I bought one. I must say it is quite impressive.
Thank again Bill and Jeannie for hosting again. And Thats to Joe for riding along and keeping me sane while driving on the roads from hell!

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
oldskool69 said:
WOW! :jawdrop: I had heard about the weather going to crap this weekend up there. Glad everyone got about safely. Now us "Southern Boys" will show ya'll how it's done...Barring some unforeseen hurricane of course. :lol:
Yeah it was bad! No thanks on the hurricane,you can't shovel a hurricane.......LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Yes thanks to Bill and Jeannie for such a great time and welcoming us into their beautiful new home!
Then Bill offered to treat us to a ride in his brand new Dodge SRT8 Challenger!
We're all like HELL YEAH!
So Bill pulled the Challenger out of the garage and took My friend Troy first then came back and picked up Joe.
When they got back it was my turn. Bill got out of the drivers seat and said "here take the wheel,I wanna hear what it sounds like when you get on it"!!! So I gladly but very carefully abliged WOW I have to say that Challenger is very impressive and very quick!
I couldn't believe he let me drive his baby,LOL!
Anyway we had a great time.
The roads got REALLY bad on the normally a 3 1/2 hour trip home. Some of the worse driving I've endured in a long time. It's one thing to drive on snow ,but ice thats a nightmare for me that I fear the most. I HATE driving on the interstate in bad weather,I always have and yesterday was no different The 12 degree temps along with very high winds were too much for the salt on the roads to deal with and turned the interstates into ice skating rinks. We saw lots of cars and trucks in the ditch as well as a few accidents actually happen around us. at one point we were on glare black ice of about a mile,I knew this because I could feel my 2011 Honda CRV 4x4 sliding side to side I let off the accelerator and actually watched the speedo and tach jump around and the traction /stability control light doing all sort of weird stuff because the tires had absolutely no traction I though of sure we were going in the ditch,very scary! It took about 5 hours of white knuckle driving to get us home safely.
Bill an I worked a trade and I ended up scoring his new Pioneer Steez Crew which I have be thinking about buying one but wanted to hear Bill's before I bought one. I must say it is quite impressive.
Thank again Bill and Jeannie for hosting again. And Thats to Joe for riding along and keeping me sane while driving on the roads from hell!

No problem Scott thanks for driving out in the nasty weather and for the GPX trade :smooch: I hope you enjoyed beating on my baby SRT8 :lol: you know you guys are always welcome here and I'm sure glad you made it home safe. Thanks again for the GPX Boombox ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Jamn to the Shogun C126 today. Thanks Bill!

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 0302141125.jpg{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 0302141126b.jpg{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 0302141413.jpg

Glad you like it Joe and I'm enjoying the worlds largest one piece Boombox " The Helix Wheely" which is freaking awesome after I totally cleaned and repaired the small issues. Check it out :-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Holy shnikeys the Helix looks much better after getting all that dust off it!!!! Very cool.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
so glad you had fun and LIVED --
=====================

never forget the white-knucked fear sliding home at nite on ice on the massachusetts turnpike-
all i did was pray for the next exit to come up FAST -so i could get off that deathtrap --
but it was several wicked icey miles away
ended up in the closest motel --
to scary to drive on any road at any speed

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Holy shnikeys the Helix looks much better after getting all that dust off it!!!! Very cool.

Yeah and new chrome tweeter caps and dent pounded out of grill. Only other issues I couldn't get repaired was the high speed dubbing not working and the clock keeps resetting. Really stinks cuz I thought clock was working :sad:

Bad Bad Bill

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Good job fellas. I had to work again :thumbsdown: . Welcome to the exclusive Wheely club Bill. I'll try to come and see You all in the near future - when it's warmer. :yes:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Good job fellas. I had to work again :thumbsdown: . Welcome to the exclusive Wheely club Bill. I'll try to come and see You all in the near future - when it's warmer. :yes:

Very cool Adam that would be awesome!! And the Wheely is just like yours, Helix.... :thumbsup:

Bad Bad Bill

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
You guys with all the technology on your hip...those "smartphone thingies"...could only muster THREE pics? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well in all our last meets we took plenty of pics but it never seemed to make a difference :hmmm: but I will make sure we take tons of pics at next meet :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.