struck gold with my new speakers ma gx300

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Floyd I've been to a club back in the 90's it was a very famous club for LBTQ folks (Soundfactory). Reason why me and my friends went there it was because we met the DJ aka: Junior Vasquez doing a music video with Cyndi Lauper in Queens NYC. My brother struck a conversation with him and when he told my brother he was a DJ for a famous club my brother starting telling him about me being a DJ. So we got invited and I was ready to see stuff that you don't see everyday actually we were warned that it was a gay club. We were kind of iffy in going, we've never been to a place like that, but decided to go.

Anyway we went to the DJ booth but before we enter on the outside of the booth were stacks of rackmount QSC amplifiers I mean like probably 15 to 20 amps or more to power the Lows, Mids and Highs! The sound was crazy!! You couldn't hear yourself talking and the subs good lord they just shook the floor!!!

He played from Saturday night/morning 12 am until Sunday early afternoon and these amps never had a hiccup!!
Yep and the amps are not that big but weigh like an ingot of steel.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
My buddy's mom was dancing while drunk and fell right into the speakers in front of everyone , I mean I know it's wrong to laugh but you had to be there lol.
That is exactly what happened to me lol.....mind you im not steady on my feet these days anyway homie :beer2:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I had to hang drywall with the worst hangover of my entire life. That day even death wouldn't have me. And of course all the drywall was on the f****** ceiling what a miserable life.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I had to hang drywall with the worst hangover of my entire life. That day even death wouldn't have me. And of course all the drywall was on the f****** ceiling what a miserable life.
i have been getting smashed of late lad, fell over and cracked another rib about a week ago, i'll never learn bro

we call it the hair of the dog, the only thing that used to cure a hang over was more alcohol lol

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
old link Royce but here is a pic...of monitor audio gx 300....they are great speakers but i would say they are mickey mouse compared to my mission 705 and i'm about to go on a whole new level again

s-l1600 (7).jpg

Last edited:

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
These m************ are hideous homie sorry brother these monitors looks just don't look do it for me. I totally agree my new speaker sound better but I just can't look at these motherfuking things I can't imagine myself having fun with them. Maybe if I have a 3 or 4000 watt amp that wasn't doing anything I wouldn't mind smelling the smoke from them. It's almost like no matter how much a pig sweet-talks me I'm not going to lay in bed with it lol. Okay I'm ready to get my ass kicked by the rebuttal.
Sorry man I shouldn't reply to things when I drunk lol.

Reactions: Radio raheem

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
you drunk again lad have a drink for me lol yea not worried if you don't like the looks of them lad lol i would rather honesty than someone kissing my ass lol anyway homie you can say what you like lad carry on haha....ohh yea i tend to agree anyway lad they had a 3 grand price tag and were rated at 200 w rms and yet as you know i have blown them loads on a poxy technics 100 p/c amp lol....yea monitor audio are full of horse crap haha

Last edited:

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Not like I can say anything I don't have $3,000 to waste on anything much less speakers lol. The problem is it is it America you can get something for free that most people couldn't even afford if they tried. So you hesitate to spend too much knowing this really there are people are just giving this s*** away every day might not be free but it so cheap it might as well be.

Reactions: Radio raheem