Sharp GF575 *Project*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro Addict

Member (SA)
May 12, 2009
England
That's a great condition box!!

The serial number tells me that your box dates from September 1983. My GF-575 dates from March 1982.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
OMG! That has to be the best GF-575 I've ever seen. :thumbsup: :cool: :yes: Those white woofers with big, black caps really set off that box and look freakin' huge. If only you could leave the grilles off all the time. :-D Great job, sean.

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
Fatdog said:
OMG! That has to be the best GF-575 I've ever seen. :thumbsup: :cool: :yes: Those white woofers with big, black caps really set off that box and look freakin' huge. If only you could leave the grilles off all the time. :-D Great job, sean.
:agree: thanks alot. it does look great with out the grilles but they'll be going back on to protect tthe speakers :blush: i was probably quite lucky to find those speakers, after all they are a fair bit older than i am

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
Stretch said:
I just have to say it;

Supa-fly!

The bigger dust caps, painted black no less, really! set it off. Nice nice work my friend.
eric
thanks, the centre caps on those were always black, theyre fabric ones so i cant actually remove them. they are also different speakers from the sharp gf9191

lonarn: this is one way to get into the sale forum, eh? :lol:

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
update 24/8/11

ive been meaning to do this a while....

due to the speaker change to the 9191 speakers, 2 of the plastic screw mounts had sheared :sadno: . the mounts in the 9191 are longer and when i put the speakers in the 575, they didnt quite sit properly......

so out comes the mitre bond....

to space the gap between the speakers and the mounts, i acquired 8 of these; (they are locking nuts for the valves on mountainbike inner tubes) but they are just a right size, so i went around the local bike shops to see if they had any spare :cool:

and i pushed the diy spacers into the speaker surrounds where the screw holes are

now the speakers sit nicely on the screw mounts :thumbsup:

i'll do a photo update of it when its back together

Cheers, sean

rumble_under

Member (SA)
Sep 18, 2011
Australia
i applaud you on this great project!
i took my 575 apart to have a go at the belts and now i can't get the damn thing back together haha :dunce:

check tha bass

Member (SA)
May 11, 2010
sean i have had that problem with speaker mounts many times,thats a good idea with the metal washers,we really do need some strong glue to repair stuff like that,wonder what is the strongest stuff to buy ?

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
rumble_under said:
i applaud you on this great project!
i took my 575 apart to have a go at the belts and now i can't get the damn thing back together haha :dunce:
how come?? ive had this thing open hundreds of times now

check tha bass said:
sean i have had that problem with speaker mounts many times,thats a good idea with the metal washers,we really do need some strong glue to repair stuff like that,wonder what is the strongest stuff to buy ?
the only glue ive used on this is mitre bond... extremely strong stuff with activator, you cant go wrong with it

hagarthefish

Member (SA)
Mar 3, 2018
Preston, Lancashire
Sorry to resurrect such an old post, but this is highly informative to myself. Most of the pics are now gone, but lots at the end and some great info.
Well done on such a great looking box. The speakers are stunning, as is the rest. :clap: :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.