SHARP GF-777 Restoration Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
:-D :-D It's so much fun to see the progress and the love for these boomboxes!

It's always a good feeling to see people like me who loves to restore and enjoy the beauty of these wonderful machines of the past.

Great progress!

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :agree: Good job Goodman!

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
I'm on a final stage, now. Everything is on the place. Only remains to put the back cover and do tests:

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Man, you made thing your BiZZZZOPPP!!! Now, put some dead-mat auto dampening sheets in there & 1/3 volume of insualting material to pad it a little. I bet that would soumd really tight & super punchy/fast. What kind of speakers are you using? They look like car audio drivers. Are they designed for a small sealed box?

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Thanx for the offer on the original cones but my wings are clipped until I get more streeet cred.(posts). If they're still around & in good shape, I might scoop them form you.

Man those speakers are no Joke. 150 bones for a 5" mid-bass driver. Do those cones sing or what? I can just imagine the fat beats coming off that thing & making the TDK triple cone look like a barbie tape player...

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Here how looks my Sharp before restoration - in very bad condition: :'-(

Here how looks my Sharp, now - after restoration: :w00t:

This is the END of this big restoration project... :yes:

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
hey goodman looks amazing ...how does it sound...would love a little feedback on your speaker choice...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ledmeter

Member (SA)
Jul 22, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Hey goodman I'm so thrilled to see this, excellent job. I really love it when a box comes together like this. I'm going to redo my Conion one of these days after a resto a few years ago now using spray can colour match, now I can use professional tools as you did. Did you spray the body in a car painting booth? Or just outside? I did one in the garage once with the door shut and it was a real headache..

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Great job. :drool: You really have done well by that boomer...it's always nice to see a resto job as sweet as this one. Congrats! :thumbsup:

:agree: we need to hear about those speakers. Watts? Frequency response? Inquiring minds want to know. :hmmm:

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Thanks for good words! :-)
With these new speakers boombox work very good! The sound is powerfull and balanced.
Because this great interest, I will share more information about the speakers:
I use HI-Fi speakers VISATON, made in Germany
http://www.visaton.com/en/chassis_zubehoer/tiefmittelton/w130s_4.html
http://www.visaton.com/en/chassis_zubehoer/breitband/fr13_4.html

ledmeter, about paint:
I used paint for plastic.
Boombox is painted with a spray gun in very sunny day. In the same way that cars are painted:
Previously complicated kit and then painted. Therefore, the result is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.