blu_fuz said:
We motivate each other man.

Keep it up.
:thumbsup:

JustCruisin said:
Pretty sure that is one of the Blasters in the Boomboxery Banner.. :yes:
:hmmm: I'm going to have to look for it :-D

k2j said:
Holy fark'n A man!! :drool: . Funny thing is it didn't look that dirty to me :lol: And a seperate amplifier, oh how I wish any of my radio's had that, plus room to work with!!
Oh me too, having an amp that you could swap out would be a dream come true. I would upgrade every amp in every radio I could.

JVC Floyd said:
i would also check for cold solder joints on the amp pcb , if you haven't done so yet.
That has been rolling through my mind. The LED's are powered by the amp board. I will have another look today. Need to put the Bluetooth receiver in today!

Cpl-Chronic said:
Thanks

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
SLO said:
Chris once again GREAT job brother, It was so cool seeing this resto in the play by play via the group text. I can't wait to see it at Hollywood :w00t: All I remember from the BBQ is a huge dusty behemoth waiting for some love and tenderness! So to be able to see and hear it in all its glory will be the shiznit! You are....The Boombox Wizard :bow:
Thanks Steve, I was staring at this monster on David's shelf wishing we could hear it roar. I had never seen one of these in person. Again, I think they are pretty rare.

Anyone have one????

baddboybill said:
I was just about to say that as when I got the Black C126 AKA Korean unit the LEDs were out on one side and it turned out to be a cold solder joint.

Bad Boy Bill
OK, OK...here we go. I will be searching high and low for cold solder joints!

baddboybill said:
I agree without each other helping who knows where all these Boomboxes would be now and how many would have ended up in the dump sites. Thanks Chris for the mention bro

Bad Boy Bill
When I first met Albert, owner of Lasonic and he talked about being a little boy seeing shipping containers of 975's coming in with 100's of thousands of 975's in them all I could think of was "Where did they all go?".

They all when into the land fills. Just a tiny % still exist. The one's that we all have restored of the survivors are the best examples that will continue on for at least a little longer. To piss off future generations! :lol:

goodman said:
This is good restoration job! :yes: Boombox is like new now! :yes:
Thanks Goodman :-D

wolff3012 said:
Great Job !!!!
Coool
Looks fantastic
:thumbsup: :bow:
Thank you Wolf :-D

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JustCruisin said:
As I'm replying its up top! :lol:
image.jpg
Ha Ha, Awesome!

Well, it took a while, but this radio is Bluetooth Modded!

I re-purposed the "Continuous Play" button to turn the Bluetooth receiver on and off.
If you look below deck 2, you will see two 1/8 inch jack plugs. Those are the actual Lines in, each is a mono plug, left and right :thumbsdown: . I used an RCA plug from another radio to plug the receiver into and then soldered that to the back side of the board with the L/R jacks.

bluetooth switch.jpg

As for the LED's, I haven't figured that out :annoyed: .

There are some options I will have to talk to David about and see if we can get that handled :-/

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Looking forward to seeing Dr DER's return favour for all the time and effort you've put into this deal. :-)

Boomboxery really is a great place!!

James.... :-)
ACTUALLY....he already hooked me up on a deal that I will start a thread on once this is all complete.
I'm just trying to make things good on that :-D

I'll simply say, super beater to super star in the BIG BOY CATEGORY!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Dr DER said:
Lol .. work your magic Chris
Will do my best!

mancardo said:
wow....nice work with the resto :thumbsup:
Thanks, hoping to see you in Hollywood!

Installing the Bluetooth took more time then I thought, mostly because I had to track down the parts to make the needed connections.

Here is the wired up components:
Power Switch / BT on & off switch, Amp board, headphone jack / karaoke effects board, bluetooth receiver.

20150912_125757.jpg

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
That's quite a job you've taken on with a monster of a BB and I feel your commitment and skills are producing excellent results. I'm pleased you're showing details in the pictures, it's all very interesting a great help for the newbies like me.

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
MyOhMy said:
That's quite a job you've taken on with a monster of a BB and I feel your commitment and skills are producing excellent results. I'm pleased you're showing details in the pictures, it's all very interesting a great help for the newbies like me.
Yes indeed :bow: . Chris also has some good youtube videos of boombox restoration/repair too. And I can't forget destruction as well (egg vs shotgun :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.