Status
Not open for further replies.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
nother question --

is there a mix//match set up --
so digital tuner haters can use the #5 or #3 tuner section with the #7 ?

thats the full// max power option :drool: :angelic: :hmmm:
--right ??

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Damn, those amps/ICs are huge! That's what should be in the Helix Wheelys but unfortunatly not :-/ .

Superduper

Member (SA)
redbenjoe said:
nother question --

is there a mix//match set up --
so digital tuner haters can use the #5 or #3 tuner section with the #7 ?

thats the full// max power option :drool: :angelic: :hmmm:
--right ??
The components within the FH-7 series are interchangeable but I don't think that is the case between the different series. Both the FH-3 and FH-5 have built in battery compartments and different layouts. The interfacing cables are specific for those models too. I think my FH-3 has like 2 or 3 stacked components while the FH-7 has 4 stacked components. Maybe you can swap just the tuner but I never tried it.

KevinKari

Member (SA)
Dec 29, 2010
Now I have a new respect for my Sony FH-7. I also have 5 Sony FH-3's and 1 Sony FH-5, 1 Sony FH-209W, 1 Sony FH-11W and 1 Sony XF-5000 portable battery powered amp that puts out 40WPC @ 4 ohms! I'm always looking for more to add! Kevin

fins5

Member (SA)
Jul 12, 2010
I don't have an FH-7 (it's on my 'to collect' list). That said, I do have an FH-15, an FH-215, two PC-55s, etc. Also some fairly hefty one-piecers like the GF-1000/777, Conion C100, and previously had an M90.

Verdict? None of these is as loud (and as clear at high volume) as my Technics SA-C07. This box, even with some sorting out to do (highs aren't as clear as they should be) delivers drum hits that shake the floor and hit your chest like no other "portable" I've had. Though it's more mid-bass than low bass...doesn't hit the lower notes as well. I really need to check what amp chip this uses.

But (IMHO), for the best combo of power and sound quality, it's pretty neck and neck for the PC-55 and the big Sonys, and dare I say the Panasonic RX-DT680. Depends on what you're listening to, though. The FH-215 and DT680 bass boost features makes for really nice sound at low to mid volumes, whereas the PC-55 seems to need more volume to get the bass really hitting.

That said, the Conion and M90 can (IMHO) still hang with the big component boxes, just giving a little more distortion at earsplitting levels. Even the GFs do nicely. Still amazing to me how powerful a one-piece box can get. And the M90s sound quality...mmmm, mmmm, good! :-)

redbenjoe said:
well -- :hmmm: :hmmm:
if this entire worldwide membership cant even name one similar size HOME SYSTEM that
sounds as good -- :huh:
then this sony 7 must be somthin' else !!!! :thumbsup:

saxonman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2010
Iceni tribe the UK
not my bag looks wise but i must admit i'm gonna go for the next one on ebay i reckon if it can bought cheap enough!!! sounds a real hifi but with a handle!!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I like to know more details on the power output and performance of Sony FH-11W.

Is it comparable to Sony FH-5, Sony FH-7 and Sony FH-10W?

Which is the high end model in this series?

Sony FH-11W got an analog tumer or digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.