POW! My 931 is gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
Questions though.

1. Think you'll ever get to see it again?

2. When the 5150 is ready, are you and David gonna ship it or deliver it yourselves?

3. How much of this story did you get on the gopro that we can eventually watch?
I don't know if I will ever see it again. I asked Sammy Sam to keep in touch, but who knows. He did give me his phone number, which he offered to me, so that is promising.

We will be shipping the 5150 to Mr Mixx, his address is in Ohio.

The whole interview was filmed and audio recorded and we plan to put together a full video to go with the magazine interview for issue 3, but it's going to take some time to finish. The real question is, did the audio and video come out and is it useable. We will find out tomorrow.

T-STER said:
Maaaaan that is cooler than hell. Meeting 2Live Crew is cool enough, as I was reading I thought " wow cool he met 2 Live" the rest is unbelievable!

Handing over your 931 was a very nice gesture and I'll be looking for that when they play live. As Tripp said one of my first thoughts was can't wait to see the video, tell us that's coming....
It is coming (fingers crossed).

Of course the obvious is, "I hope I didn't give my radio away to an imposter". But he's the real deal!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Dr DER said:
Hopefully 2 live crew will be in so cal when the 5150 is all done and we can meet up with them and give it to them in person. I think this interview turned us all into friends so it's possible we will see them again
That would be rad, but I think they are on the road, somewhere in the rest of the country, but I guess we will see. It would be cool to see them face to face when we hand them over.

redbenjoe said:
Chris --you sure do EARN all the fun and exciting stuff you get involved with -
love the way you always MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
Thanks Ira, I try to do what hasn't been done. I love the challenge. And with the help of Dr DER, we made it happen!

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Chris is a legend. :-)

Hey Chris, you can interview me anytime man. Just make sure you bring an M90. :lol:
HA HA HA! Man, I have to get an M90 first! LOL Thanks Bro

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
I was trying to see if they had any shows in the NW, but can't seem to find anything. Well I ordered my magazines the other day. Can't wait to see when you guys get this one up.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Are you kidding me?! You guys have fairy tale stories that most normal people can only dream of. It gave me goose bumps like I was there with you. Sitting with 'The Crew' and being treated like family. Super awesome for you guys and for your blasters.

Damn.

nikonfoo

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
Wow
Now thats a story that will live on
Whish I as there
Hard one to follow
Well done
:clap:

DSMing91

Member (SA)
Oct 12, 2014
LI, NY
I wouldn't have known how to keep my cool. Talk about being excited, lol. Great story. It can't get any better than this. :cool:

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
I admire the way you guys (Chris - DR-DER and wives ofcourse) did this happen !! :-)
Read the whole post and i m surely on the list that will be checking on
videos for this Lasonic 931 donated to Public Enemy !!
This is something to describe to future generations how they can make
their own way to concerts and meet great artists.

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
Sammy Vegas of Public Enemy1025161626.jpg
Mr. Mix of 2 Live Crew1025161626a.jpg
DJ Chef 2 Live Crew1025161626b.jpg
Brother Marquis 2 Live Crew1025161626c.jpg
And of course they're very talented dancers1025161626d.jpg1025161626d.jpg1025161626e.jpg

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
That is friggin awesome!!!
Bravo guys. And Chris I would have done the same, that's a nice way of saying thank you.
Kudos to you guys for making this happen. Much respect ✊

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
Let's see what happens this Saturday when we meet Darryl DMC McDaniels. Founding member of Run-DMC hopefully I can get a interview and some photos. also hoping to meet Kurtis Blow he will also be at the event. keeping my fingers crossed.Screenshot_2016-10-25-19-03-26.png

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
hemiguy2006 said:
That is friggin awesome!!!
Bravo guys. And Chris I would have done the same, that's a nice way of saying thank you.
Kudos to you guys for making this happen. Much respect ✊
Thank you Frank, I know people think I'm crazy, and maybe I am....As far as I am concerned, the only thing you can do wrong with your collection is not use it! Everything else is up to the way we each choose to rock our boxes. :-D

Dr DER said:
Let's see what happens this Saturday when we meet Darryl DMC McDaniels. Founding member of Run-DMC hopefully I can get a interview and some photos. also hoping to meet Kurtis Blow he will also be at the event. keeping my fingers crossed.
Screenshot_2016-10-25-19-03-26.png
Dave, I sure hope you and SLO get to meet that man. He is as important to music and Paul McCartney or Eddie Van Halen (IMHO) :thumbsup:

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Run-D.M.C. man I used to rock my boxes with their tunes still do and these guys represented Queens N.Y.C. my hometown! :breakdance:

Good luck on the interview hope it takes place.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Chris and Dave, thanks for being great ambassadors to the boombox collectors' community! Also, Chris, for representing the admin team of Boomboxery. :thumbsup: :rock: :hooray:

I can't wait to see where y'all go next!

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
That's fantastic Chris! Happy to hear this and hanging out with cool musicians like that and sharing boom boxes.
Sounds like some of the stuff I did in the 80's.but it was cassettes and records as I didn't bring my Boombox into the city,usually clubs and yes I brought records.

This is a great story to hear Chris and what a nice guy you are to give him your 931 like that!😀📟📻

Status
Not open for further replies.