Post your "no-love" boxes here

Netsurfer_x1

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2021
Texas, USA
My ultimate "No Love" box? Without question, the GPO Brooklyn.

How high (low?) does it rate on the "No Love" scale? Put it this way: I don't own one & have no interest in owning one, regardless of the price tag.

I'll enjoy my new (to me) refurbished ION Boombox Deluxe (and its fake tweeters), ION Retro Rocker, or my Studebaker Sound Station, thank you very much.

Reactions: Nickeccles

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I owned this (dons paper bag over the head) and graciously donated to our lab at work where it gets a steady workout as the bearer of global bad news, dismal weather reports and shameful local sports scores.
Not sure if the deck or the CD works....and really don't care.

I'm honestly surprised it's still in relatively good shape with droplets of acids and reagents sprinkled upon it daily
Behold the mighty JVC RC-X240, highly sought after by blind and deaf boombox collectors around the world
IMG_1374.jpg

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
I quite like that eggy monitor cd thinggy.
It is fairly unusual for sure. I think what impressed me most was the inputs and outputs. There was a time where I did connect a powered sub to it and it wasn't half bad.

My nephew saw it one day and asked me what the COX OUT was. I laughed so hard because, yes, that's what it says. I explained to him that output was for digital surround playback on a surround receiver with a decoder, albeit a weird way of labeling it.

I continue to keep it around..lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio raheem

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I like the 'COX OUT' and 'WOOF OUT', great labelling there!
Where I live at they have a place called Cox Cable and their commercial at the end had two women jumping up and down in a parking lot with signs in their hands yelling we love cox. I laughed my ass off because it was the innocent mistake but I knew it wouldn't be on the air long and it wasn't.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Well I've gone too far so many times my odometer has rolled over several more than once. But this is true I'm telling you it's true.
can you believe i used to be a member of the god crew.......that statement is hilarious in it's self
i know a 60 year old bloke that believes in fairies for christ sake lol

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Hell where I live even the fairies got to wear bulletproof vest.
that's about the size of it lad human kind is doomed.....the Russians are about to finish us off lad something i predicted from the beginning sadly

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
that's about the size of it lad human kind is doomed.....the Russians are about to finish us off lad something i predicted from the beginning sadly
No they might start it but we'll finish it off. I wouldn't even worry about it.
The day they even try it will be the last time you ever hear from them.