Plastic Surgery

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
JustCruisin said:
It's been -20 degrees here lately, so working on projects in the shop have kind of slowed down..
There were a few days with "above zero" weather, but I decided to pull my 47' Chevy in the shop and do some work on it!
image.jpg
That Chevy is awesome.
Is the body remade in Stainless Steel?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Dude those new speakers are awesome, can you tell us the specs? The diameter, the distance across the screw holes, the Ohms rating, and the depth?

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Reli said:
Dude those new speakers are awesome, can you tell us the specs? The diameter, the distance across the screw holes, the Ohms rating, and the depth?
They are the i931 speakers, same basket/ mounting holes, watts and ohms..

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Right but thinking of putting them in a different brand of box, not a Lasonic. Have you installed them yet? If not, could you measure them? Pretty please? lol

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Right but thinking of putting them in a different brand of box, not a Lasonic. Have you installed them yet? If not, could you measure them? Pretty please? lol

They also fit perfect in the 20/20 boxes and bolt right up as one member already used them and they sound better than OEM ones ;-)

Bad Boy Bill

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
first day above 0 degrees and get snowed in, so had time to work on it again!
Finished welding in the vents, now I just need to fit it together nicely then I can get started on the fiberglass finish work..image.jpg

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Hell yeah! You might wanna think about beefing up that handle too...don't know if it'll be sturdy enough. Just a thought.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
-GZ- said:
Hell yeah! You might wanna think about beefing up that handle too...don't know if it'll be sturdy enough. Just a thought.
right --the handle is prolly fine --
its the mounting set-up that may need some beef