Plastic Surgery

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
-GZ- said:
Holy shiat bro! Can I send you my two 931s to do the same thing?! This is the coolest mod ever!!!!

So are you powering this with amp chips from both or just from one? Will it run on batteries? Im so intrigued yet so confused on how this is gonna work. I need some specs. This is awesome. I'm cool with no radio or tape...this is an aux monster!
Thanks man, I did bench test all the speakers running off one amp (in parallel) for about an hour with all Bass-heavy tracks through the line-in.. They weren't in an enclosure so the sound wasn't on point but those 8"s were movin! The cooling fins were hot to the touch after that hour or so but I was overworking them on purpose..
It will run on batteries also, for how long I guess I'll find out..

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Thanks Chris for your strong endorsement!
I realize hacking a box apart doesn't appeal to everyone's tastes, but I am a "kustomizing addict" and really enjoy personalizing my possessions.. I'm just glad this vision of mine is really happening, as I pondered just selling them because I didn't think I had time to restore them!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JustCruisin said:
Thanks Chris for your strong endorsement!
I realize hacking a box apart doesn't appeal to everyone's tastes, but I am a "kustomizing addict" and really enjoy personalizing my possessions.. I'm just glad this vision of mine is really happening, as I pondered just selling them because I didn't think I had time to restore them!
Rock to the beat of your own drum bro!

We were talking about this project at Beatswap this weekend. Can't wait to see the finished product

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Last night I used 3M windshield urethane to help bond the speaker plates to the box.. Even though there are screws in each corner holding them on, I wanted inner area to be bonded as well.. maybe eliminating rattles of any kind..?
bng.JPG

Welded the plates to eachother and also to the box as well, tying everything together!
fes.JPG

Reinforced the weld seams with some more epoxy resin..
ghgf.JPG

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Lowering the handle height 3/4" which is the maximum that still allows the handle to fully fold down..
Drilling new holes and reshaping the ends worked perfect!
bcvgh.JPG
mjy.JPG
xcd.JPG

It brought the handle down to a more "classier" height.. less lawnmower handle and more shopping cart handle..
vgf.JPG
sdfvg.JPG

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Very cool......what color you going to do it in? Personally I like the looks of it now, with that yellow tape. Paint the speaker rings yellow or green or some other combination of 80's neon color!

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Yeah, I got to know, how long is that beast?
37" long x 14" high.. I think I might have the color picked out and it will look really clean!
Any color is going to stand out since we are used to them in black... :yes:

It feels good to pick it up, pretend to carry it, and touch it.. because it was all just an idea in my head, that now is becoming reality!