Picked up a rummage Kenwood stereo from Japan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
man i saw a truck at home depot that had a spoiler on the roof of the pickup truck that was made of plywood and looked exactly like those wind deflectors of the top of a semi truck.it looked like a ****ing abraham lincoln hat on top of the truck lol.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Got a few minutes to transplant the horn tweet guts.

Wowsa, the replacement is WAY louder than the other working original horn.

And, for some reason the woofer on that cabinet is phased correctly and bass movement is outward instead of inward.

Finally done. Might swap out the horn guts on the other cabinet to even out the highs from R to L.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Rocked the party last night. Finally finished rebuilding the Yamaha's and putting them to the test. round 2 tonight! They sound beautiful and the entire system is plenty loud for a crowd only 1/4 of the way up.

The rca jack on the main unit makes a crackle/buzz noise sometimes. Bad solder joint I need to look into.

The car jump pack is there to feed 12v into the BT module because it isn't hard wired. I was streaming BT over 60ft away for hours never once cut out.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
All I got is a morning after pic. I had to get up at 5am to work OT until noon. Tonight I will snap some more for the corn roast.

image.jpg

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Dr. Joe strikes again! :jason:

Nothing like an easy fix. :-D :thumbsup: After some of the complicated, convoluted repairs you have been through this year, this one must have come as a relief.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Thanks buddy. Yeah it has been a hectic year. Its a relief to have an easy fix this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.