Out of all your box finds, which has been the best??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Awesome stories all round guys. That's the best part about collecting.

I scored my GF777 in a salvos (thrift) for $40...................................

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
My best money to radio ratio has been $4.60 for this Victor RC-838 I got in Japan. It still needs a cleaning. But it all works and looks pretty good. It has a few dents in the top aluminum strip, but I really dig this radio!

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
My best money to radio ratio has been $4.60 for this Victor RC-838 I got in Japan. It still needs a cleaning. But it all works and looks pretty good. It has a few dents in the top aluminum strip, but I really dig this radio!

[ Image ]

Yep, that's a rockin box Chris......

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
For me my best finds have nothing to do with price. My top finds are a JVC PC-6 I had to spend 2 months fighting to get, even after I bought and paid for it :nonono: and a JVC (Victor) PC-5 in the aluminum flight case. :w00t: But I have alot of boxes that rate very highly in rarity as well.... :hmmm:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
YES --R/A. --
we dont have anything close to an ' in the wild ' market nearby --
so most every box i have was purchased at the ebay market rate --or close to that --

however --aside from ' the money thing' :-) :-D ;-)

about 60% of my wonderful collection has come from our members--
some were at 'gift' prices...
and most all of these are spectacular boxes with gigantic value to me
:thumbsup: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :yes:

my best find will always be my first, my philips d8614 like new condition fully working for £15, not my cheapest find but my best because it took ages to find :yes:
in second place would be a pioneer sk909L that i scored at a booty for £10 i thought that was a steal :-D ;-)

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
For me, it's a toss-up between my PC-55 and M90. I got the PC-55 from Freddie after I traded a Telefunken HP-800 that I got on a fluke eBay win from Frank. The M90 was obtained for a song and dance from Norm. They are definitely the two best-sounding boomboxes I have at the moment. :yes:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
fatdog --
several members may want to see the video of the song and dance performance
that won you norms m90 deal :w00t: :-)

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Even though it cost me $750, my M90 way up there because it is regarded by most as the best piece box on the planet. It isn't about cost with me it is about the joy it brings. An honorable mention goes out to my Sony FH-207 as it is the best portable I have yet to hear and I stole it for $120. I stare at it in amazement every time I listen to it...it sounds that amazing!!

hollyrockets

Member (SA)
Nov 26, 2010
Olympia, WA
I just recently thought about that JVC RC-M70 my dad had when I was young.... I tried so hard through the years to talk him into giving it to me, but that never happened. I don't blame him a bit.

Now I'm obsessed and must HAVE ONE.

Sadly, I see the popularity of these is pushing prices up to the stratosphere and right before the holidays (I have 3 kids) rats. I will have to keep my eyes peeled. I will be vigilant.

My husband asked gently, "Do you want one for the nostalgia... or... the sound quality? You know... technology has changed a lot and it may not be as great as you remembered it..." I told him it is the nostalgia, but the sound is AWESOME!!!!

You ALL KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, RIGHT?

Sigh~~

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
hollyrockets said:
I just recently thought about that JVC RC-M70 my dad had when I was young.... I tried so hard through the years to talk him into giving it to me, but that never happened. I don't blame him a bit.

Now I'm obsessed and must HAVE ONE.

Sadly, I see the popularity of these is pushing prices up to the stratosphere and right before the holidays (I have 3 kids) rats. I will have to keep my eyes peeled. I will be vigilant.

My husband asked gently, "Do you want one for the nostalgia... or... the sound quality? You know... technology has changed a lot and it may not be as great as you remembered it..." I told him it is the nostalgia, but the sound is AWESOME!!!!

You ALL KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, RIGHT?

Sigh~~

Yes, we all know....and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.