Only CHEVYS!!! ,not Mopars or Ford allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
chevyman-uy said:
Super nice 59!! Poncho!!!but cut the roof of a 4 door hardtop to make a convertible, is a sacrilege for me. :no:
Well, it may be sacrilege to you but remember, this was normal during this era of cars. :-D (We had a famous President who was shot riding around in a four door convertible... :-/ )

chevyman-uy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
So far away the South - MVD - UY
yes, only remember two 4-door convertible models, the Lincoln Continental that you mention, and the Kaiser Frazer Manhattan of the 50,s

Two custom built 1950 Lincoln Cosmopolitan limousines were delivered to the White House in 1950 for use by President Truman. At the suggestion of President Eisenhower one was fitted with a glass roof and was dubbed the "Bubble Top". It was later used by John F. Kennedy[22] and once by Lyndon B. Johnson. It was retired in 1965 and is now on permanent display at the Henry Ford Museum.
Lincoln Uss presidencial car in Uruguay whit ·"Bubble Top

President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s goodwill visit to Uruguay, March 2-3, 1960. Pictured above emerging from the official U.S. Ambassador’s residence in Montevideo with Ambassador Robert F. Woodward.

vkboy

Member (SA)
Nov 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Thought i might pump this thread up, haven't really been around here in awhile been trying to get rid of a couple cars i had hanging around so i could replace them with the below car. i haven't got it yet but slapped down a deposit on it and will be hopefully getting it soon, this is pretty much a dream car of mine, apart from an Aston Martin but that will never happen lol.
Its a HSV Clubsport R8 Tourer, with a 6.2L chev LS3 engine, 317kw, 550nm in a station wagon. best thing ever!
Below isn't the actual car but mine looks exactly the same, white paint, black rims.
im interested to see what you yanks think about this?

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
It has a big engine and the steering wheel lives in the correct place, when are these coming to the UK? The Monaro sells well over here so a similar car that could carry several dozen cases of beer in the back would do well also.

Astons are alright I guess, hideously unreliable but they look good and Britney bloody Spears wasn't able to jump the waiting list for one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I think you get a lot of car for your money!

It's a full sized car. Not a Maxima or BMW sized car. It's Crown Vic Class and above. It has the classic Impala 3 body trunk!

It's packed with all the dream connectivity through GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth. 120v plug, 3 usb plugs and an SD card slot for your music. Search an address on your home computer. Send it to the car and it's on the GPS when you get in the drivers seat.

300+ HP, front wheel drive....and that blows....BUT...since I can turn the traction control OFF...for some reason I feel better.

It's quick enough to get out of it's own way.

Safety features out the A. 12 air bags.

The interior was SICK. We looked at the Malibu and what ever the lower car is...The Impala was first class. Heated and A/C seats. You name it. Amazing....

Made the mistake of showing the wife :-D ....hasn't stopped talking about it. ( :rolleyes: ^_^ )

Status
Not open for further replies.