One man's trash.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
After looking at the corner on a M70, there is no way that can be the donor. I will come up with something......

Okelly

Member (SA)
Aug 23, 2015
So...how much lip stick will this pig need? Lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Great work Joe. I can't wait to see Your magical transformation. This community has great networking, and talented members.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
blu_fuz said:
After looking at the corner on a M70, there is no way that can be the donor. I will come up with something......
At least that corner isn't totally load bearing. Do you remember that Sharp GF-8989 I repaired that had the crushed corner where the handle attached? That sucked.

I know you got this! :-D

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm almost thinking of putting an internal metal corner like yours and fill in the busted section with epoxy. Something that might be a little flexible but something I can shape/grind/sand.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
polished aluminum ALWAYS looks cool ANYWHERE --
so cut 2 identical corner pieces -
stick them on BOTH corners -so both sides match --
just put them on with double-stick tape --as a test

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I agree Ira, if I was going to leave the case alone and not repair/paint it, putting nice matching corner caps would be enough to burry the damage. If my corner repair works, then the time will be worth it to paint it up nice.

Hardmen, I have 1/2 of 1 M90 ;-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
blu_fuz said:
I'm almost thinking of putting an internal metal corner like yours and fill in the busted section with epoxy. Something that might be a little flexible but something I can shape/grind/sand.
I used auto Bondo on mine, worked well, but I made a few mistakes. Probably rushed it a little and ended up with a tiny hairline in the paint. Nothing structural and you can only see it up close.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
^ I was thinking there really won't be a way to reinforce the corner enough to keep it from moving and making a crack in the bondo/filler/paint. Tempature alone can effect how these materials will react with eachother. I will have a thin steel inside corner to keep it ridged. I'm hoping to take a playdoh cast of on of my good M90 corners, let it harden, and use that cast to fill in the missing section of this one using 2 part epoxy putty.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Northerner said:
I love it when a seemingly dead box is resurrected...similar story with my GF9000...keep up the good work :-)
. I totally agree! It is a wonderful feeling when all is done! You will dance and sing all day!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
blu_fuz said:
^ I was thinking there really won't be a way to reinforce the corner enough to keep it from moving and making a crack in the bondo/filler/paint. Tempature alone can effect how these materials will react with eachother. I will have a thin steel inside corner to keep it ridged. I'm hoping to take a playdoh cast of on of my good M90 corners, let it harden, and use that cast to fill in the missing section of this one using 2 part epoxy putty.
I love this 3M product for plastic repair. I repaired a 1"x1" hole at the back corner of one of my 9696 that was damaged in shipping.
http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/3m-automix-e-z-sand-flexible-parts-repair-kit-p-11165.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjw9tW5BRDk29KDnqWu4fMBEiQAKj7sp-YnARdGwONltSfpRjJoQEuWFCPhu-noKh1jDhUPCrkaAqy-8P8HAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.