Official 2010 Sunshine Mix thead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Ed

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
www.facebook.com
The bottom, and I mean bottom line is the people.

Meeting people and making friends through shared interests is one of the
greatest gifts of being alive. Without others to share, show off, admire, discuss, debate, etc.....how much would we enjoy our
hobby and collections. This forum and the early S2G are testaments to this.

So Miguel, it was a pleasure and honor.

For you are my brother as are we all.

LLopez

Member (SA)
May 8, 2009
:-D Amen And we shall be brothers forever and ever. Boomboxes are our lives we collect them and treasure them. If this years meeting was great, Man I cant wait for the next one. In the boombox forums like Boomboxery and Stereo2Go there is nothing but love for these fantastic sites. We should continue strong in supporting one of our greatest hobbies and collection of all times. There are collectors that collect cars, Sports cards, Jewlry, But collecting boomboxes is a special way of keeping them alive and also collecting them gets us to collect walkmans, Cassettes, Speakers, Batteries, And evry other electronics from the 80's. Thank u all and see u next year. :clap: :breakdance: :-D .

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
I went over to the clubhouse before to return some stuff I thought was ours and it was locked, looked inside thru the windows and the place being so empty made me a little sad, but knowing how our event went Saturday makes everything good again. Our first meet was mid year and the second was only a few months later, but waiting the whole year for the third one was a LONG LONG time. Too long, it was great to see everyone again as well as the first time members that came this year. Frank was right this meet was probably the best and I think every future meet will probably top the previous year. Thanks everyone for coming, thanks all for the donations that really helps Linda and I out a lot as you all know we have to lay out all the funds to make the great food and stuff.

Hopefully the next meet will be here again but if some others pop up I'm sure they will be just as great as our last one. It's not the location or the booomboxes that make our meets great, it's the people and we have some of the best right here !!

THANKS AGAIN !!

JVC838

Member (SA)
Hi fellas,

Now I'm on Orlando Int. Airport and my flight will start in approx 1 hour.

Thanks to all attendies and organizers for this very convienent and impressive event.

It was for my wife and me a georgeous trip with lots of highlights.

Especially my visit to Ira was an unforgettable trip. Special thanks to Bobby, Freddy and Ira.

My visit at John was also very good. Special thanks to John and his wife.

At both personal visits I felt the real American way of live.

And on Friday evening and Saturtday: The Sunshinemix 2010 !!!!! A great event :breakdance:
Special thanks to Toni and his wife.

My other highlights were Cocoa Beach and the Kennedy Space Center.

If anybody will stay in Germany (Hannover / Berlin Aerea ) next time is welcome in my hometown Wolfsburg. Please let me know!!! :yes:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
just now read both tony and ralfs tonights posts --

and they ALMOST left me speechless :-)
=============================================

tony --i cant tell you how much we are thankful for you and linda making all this last 3 years meets
so great --and to have made them exist at all --
in fact --its almost scary - the thought that we may move the meet towards the midwest -
because its sooooo hard to reproduce all you do .

i was watching you work your butt off --all morning --all day -
and then finally - - at night --while you were running around with that 1200 gallon !!!! garbage bag--
cleaning up after us :angelic:

almost wanted to help you out --
except , i had to save my energy to watch ramon drive home :-O :lol:

-----------------------------------------------

and ralf --my thanks list is so long --
very happy that you enjoyed the usa :yes:

and extreme flattered that after you traveled many thousands of miles --
you still had the spirit to jump in that big truck --with the big boys (bobby and freddie) :w00t:
and go the extra entire day -to visit my trailer park --
those 2 guys --the giant dodge --and that side trip ...............
was a most definite ' slice of america '

and your aiwa 880 job was a ' make our day ' spectacle.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
hey uncle ed --
just studied all 4 pages of your pictures --
and have concluded that both you and betty look better than even me--
:yes: :thumbsup: :cool: :surf:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Im a little sad thinking its all over for now.
I still cant stop looking at all the pics and videos.
I really hope if the meet does move next year , that it doesnt move too far away.
I have really enjoyed being able to bring my entire collection every year.
Flying with boxes is not an option for me and long distance driving has become
not so great for me in the past years due to my back.
I guess having the meet in FL has me a bit spoiled.
anyhow I hope to see you all next year and hopefully it comes soon.
Dont get me wrong its great sharing our hobby on the web, but there is nothing like
Sharing it in person. :yes:

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
well most big clubs have different chapters based on location so it seems if we had chapters we would be the South East one, even if we continue to have our meet here in Florida if other members from different area's wish to continue to come, they will all be as welcome as everyone else has been. That doesn't mean that the Sunshine Mix meet has to be the one and only meet and we would hope that other members from other states would hold their own meets, maybe someday we will have a National meet somewhere. We surely have a great number of members down here in Florida and in the close surrounding areas. The members that travel great distances to enjoy the meet with us is saying something for them and their willingness to take part in our great event.

Look at what Prime did last year, he drives down with his GF's sister and friend, unloads his boxes, they leave him with us, head over to Daytona beach, than later that evening they pick him up and head back home, he wasn't even here 24 hours is that some dedication or what!!

I know I too am spoiled for being able to walk to the meet and I am afraid if the meet does move I won't be able to afford to go the way funds are right now and Linda probably wouldn't go due to having to watch and take care of her handicapped sister but I appreciate everyone coming to my home out in the "woods", remember before the first meet we were discussing having the meet in a park, what a difference having electricity, bathrooms and a roof over our heads makes, right??

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
yup tony --
we sure do remember -- :hmmm:

that before you stepped up BIGTIME-
we were all going to meet OUTSIDE
at bobbys uncles golf couse -
and PRAY for a rare summer day without
a massive florida lightning storm -

like YIKES !!!! :thumbsdown: :dunce: :-O :-D

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
redbenjoe said:
yup tony --
we sure do remember -- :hmmm:

that before you stepped up BIGTIME-
we were all going to meet OUTSIDE
at bobbys uncles golf couse -
and PRAY for a rare summer day without
a massive florida lightning storm -

like YIKES !!!! :thumbsdown: :dunce: :-O :-D

Outdoors would scare me too much, I can imagine a instant rain shower!! :'-(

The Florida setup seems nice. :-D

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
What the Palermos have done cannot be stated in mere words...last year they also hosted Tunya and myself! And not only that Ira and Joanne sprung for a hotel room for me and Tunya. That Florida hospitality cannot be overstated. :thumbsup: I know this much...If in Florida...I'd still go. If in Nashville, it's only a day trip so I'd do both. I guess in that sense I'm in a fairly decent spot. :-D

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Tony you and Linda always give us the best treatment especially that pasta sauce was tha' BOMB! :thumbsup:

This meet to me was special even though I was under the weather I hung in there to the end.

Thanks so much hope next year is better who knows I might drive on the next one!

wonderlust

Member (SA)
May 10, 2009
New York City
www.owerko.com
Hey to all my Boombox Brothers! What a tremendous experience!!! It was like a Sonic Science Fair on Saturday and a weekend to be remembered. My Crew had smiles from ear to ear while heading home. What can I say, Tony you're a tremendous host, thanks so much for pulling the event together and thanks everyone for their generosity, good humor and easy going attitude. It was a true pleasure to be amongst you all.

Thanks again Ira for inviting me to partake in the block rocking beats, crush grooves, and electric boogaloos --- I think my ears are still ringing (or maybe it's simply because of being to close to Ralf's nuclear powered Aiwa for an extended period of time!). Regardless of needing an isotope test for radioactive sound waves, thank you all for making me feel so welcome and for sharing so many funny stories, observations, memories, creativity, ingenuity and passion for Boomboxes! I look forward to sharing Fatdog's artwork on my back in many far flung parts of the planet for many many years to come!

A time to never be forgotten.

All the best - Wonderlust (and crew)

Status
Not open for further replies.