Not a BOOMbox but a JUKEbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
crazygamer said:
Looks excellent, never been a visitor to pubs but once i have my own man-cave, i´d love to have a slot machine. Anyways good find ! :thumbsup:
I have a bit of a thing for any machine that takes coins hence the two jukeboxes and I've also got a 50's one armed bandit and now a Japanese pachislo machine...the madness continues lol :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
New cabinet fully stripped.
image.jpeg
Now modified so that the top can be removed so I can get it up my loft stairs!...I know I know, it's madness!! :-)
image.jpeg

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Yep insane is what I'm going for lol! :-)

This one the bottom will still hold an amp and speakers but the top I think will open to reveal a drinks cabinet...going full on kitsch! Again I'd never do this with a restorable unit but this, like the first, is just an empty cabinet so I'm happy to modify to my hearts content...will still look original on the outside of course as they're so awesome looking it would be a shame to change the appearance :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Northerner said:
Yep insane is what I'm going for lol! :-)

This one the bottom will still hold an amp and speakers but the top I think will open to reveal a drinks cabinet...going full on kitsch! Again I'd never do this with a restorable unit but this, like the first, is just an empty cabinet so I'm happy to modify to my hearts content...will still look original on the outside of course as they're so awesome looking it would be a shame to change the appearance :-)
Oh man, a Rockin' Bar! I LOVE IT!

If I ever stumble onto a reasonably priced Juke (free or near it!) I'm on a project like this. Even got the thumbs up from the wifey!

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Jul 31, 2015
Estonia, Tallinn
I now noticed those 80s LCD games, that´s so cool to see something else retro-related in Boomboxery as well ! I myself have a nice collection of 80s-90s gaming items, games, consoles, the legendary ones (NES, SNES, Sega Mega Drive etc.) and not so well known ones, that´s what i was collecting before getting into this BB business :lol: Nice find the second one !

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
crazygamer said:
I now noticed those 80s LCD games, that´s so cool to see something else retro-related in Boomboxery as well ! I myself have a nice collection of 80s-90s gaming items, games, consoles, the legendary ones (NES, SNES, Sega Mega Drive etc.) and not so well known ones, that´s what i was collecting before getting into this BB business :lol: Nice find the second one !
Yeh I have quite a few handhelds, more than you see there. Also have a NES, an Atari 2600, PlayStation 1 etc. I love all this stuff :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
crazygamer said:
Would love to see a thread started on this subject. I have a coleco football and 2XL 8 track robot

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
love these -
now ' just in case ' we all become jukebox collectors ..........what the holy grail of these things ?

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
redbenjoe said:
love these -
now ' just in case ' we all become jukebox collectors ..........what the holy grail of these things ?
Lol...I've no idea Ira, it will probably be one of those arch shaped Wurlitzers with all the lights and bubble tubes, those seem to be the most expensive anyway :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.