NEXT: I am heading to Hong Kong to work for Bumpboxx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
Lucky for You, Rob and Bumpboxx :rock: :clap:
With you joined in, for sure good things are coming...

Not for me, for live so far and maybe never get one...

The world keeps turning.

Cheers.

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
Sorry I can't make it to China this time chris but next time I will go . Rob understands that this September will be a very busy month for me with all the planning of the Las Vegas meet . But him and I have talked and I will be going on the next trip.. Like I said there is a bright future ahead for Bumpboxx . So please support and have a little patience this company . Work Work Work and maybe a beer with my buddy LASONIC TRC 920 .. See you soon ..

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Thanks for all the kid words guys. It means allot.

My "Van Halen lifestyle" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is so awesome!

Dr DER, we'll have a beer together when you get out there! From Hollywood to Hong Kong!

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
What an amazing opportunity. Congratulations!!

I know we all here would really enjoy the ability to play our cassettes on a good modern portable. This might actually prove the be the hardest feat due to the fear of a limited market by the sales team. The vast majority of the world has written off the cassette despite the fact they are still religiously used by us. I would love to see this done. It could work by having something for the youngsters as well as us "seasoned" collectors. SD and USB MP3 with at least 192kbps recording capability for the kiddos along side with cassette recording and playback for us :-)

No matter what you guys do, I am sure it will be the coolest thing the world has ever seen :-)

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
I've been following this plan almost from it's inception. I'm so excited for all of the Boombox possibilities. Chris, You will do very well. You have so much vision, and creativity, that Rob will be blessed to have You there, helping. My wife just bought herself a Red Bumpboxx SE, to compete with My Blue SE. I will continue to support Bumpboxx, and Rob's vision to recreate a classic looking, and better sounding modern Boombox. This is going to be exciting! Go Chris, go! :rock:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Transistorized said:
What an amazing opportunity. Congratulations!!

I know we all here would really enjoy the ability to play our cassettes on a good modern portable. This might actually prove the be the hardest feat due to the fear of a limited market by the sales team. The vast majority of the world has written off the cassette despite the fact they are still religiously used by us. I would love to see this done. It could work by having something for the youngsters as well as us "seasoned" collectors. SD and USB MP3 with at least 192kbps recording capability for the kiddos along side with cassette recording and playback for us :-)

No matter what you guys do, I am sure it will be the coolest thing the world has ever seen :-)
There are a ton of hurtles to over come and I'm interested to see what is possible. I agree, the deck is the biggest question mark.

Something I did want to share, when I was in Germany, I was chatting with some of the guys there who were talking about someone who recently purchased a cassette manufacturing facility. One of the last such places in the world. And they have been ramping UP production, not down as demand is starting to rise. I heard numbers like 10k last year, 15k this year and they are expecting production to rise. I wonder who is buying/using them? Is it all of you???? :lol:

THAFUZZ said:
I've been following this plan almost from it's inception. I'm so excited for all of the Boombox possibilities. Chris, You will do very well. You have so much vision, and creativity, that Rob will be blessed to have You there, helping. My wife just bought herself a Red Bumpboxx SE, to compete with My Blue SE. I will continue to support Bumpboxx, and Rob's vision to recreate a classic looking, and better sounding modern Boombox. This is going to be exciting! Go Chris, go! :rock:
Thank you Adam, You and I have worked on many projects over the years. Like so many on this site, from JJ, to Norm and everyone else who has invested so much time into the "What If" conversation. I'm going to look at modern materiel's, manufacturing processes and components that are available.

I think the part of this I like the most is how committed Rob is. That man is on a mission. In the last year, I have watched him building a team of people. Surrounding himself with the right team and listening to what people have to say. It may seem slow at our end, but in terms of production and scale, he is moving at light speed.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
You've got my vote Chris and I must agree with jimmyjimmy an all plastic on the outside but inside built to help with the sound dynamics. :yes:

Sliders are cool too.

Keep it real brother.............. a true Ghettoblaster!!!

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Maybe a collaborative effort with DJ Tech. Do a deal where you can access their electrical design etc of their now defunct model and tooling etc but build it bigger with more RMS power, a fat pair of 8s or 10s to bring the bass. (I think around 100 watts per channel RMS into 4 ohms at 1% THD would do nicely).

Make whatever changes to the component design you need to, add your cool new style of plastic front panel design and associated bling, add a pair of top panel antennas and you're all set.

Love them sliders too!! :-)

I'll shut up now!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.