New Lasonic boombox is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
agc said:
Not to crap on the thread or rain on anybody's parade, but I just don't understand why Lasonic STILL doesn't get how awful it looks with the 'fake tuner' graphics :no: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: I understand that putting in even a cheap analog tuner would drive up the cost and that's fine, but LOSE THE GRAPHICS if nothing else. This is what's kept me from grabbing one, truth be told. They took a step in the right direction with the EQ sliders, though; I'll give 'em that.

BUT....that's just my opinion and I sure don't wish to ruin anyone's excitement about getting one and enjoying the heck out of it!! :-)
Honestly though... Lasonic is really the only company from 80's to even attempt to bring back the vintage looks of the Large Boombox :yes:

agc

Member (SA)
Jun 1, 2010
Stretch said:
Maybe they will work backwards to that. After this slider adorned version sells well, they may even bring back the cassette! :-P
Ya never know, it could happen...
eric

baddboybill said:
Honestly though... Lasonic is really the only company from 80's to even attempt to bring back the vintage looks of the Large Boombox :yes:

That IS true, y'all!! :-) Analog tuner and the slot-loading cassette in it's original location (I guess the iPod dock on the older one and EQ on the newer one can remain in place of the vertical tape deck lol) and this thing would really rock!

Then again, since they seem to be ditching the iPhone/iPod docks anyway; why can't they just build a bluetooth reciever, card slot, USB port and the mp3 player into the original 931 and give us what we all REALLY want? :thumbsup: Don't forget the shortwave tuner, Lasonic! LOL...it's not like they have to do any big-time R and D to make it happen!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
agc said:
Not to crap on the thread or rain on anybody's parade, but I just don't understand why Lasonic STILL doesn't get how awful it looks with the 'fake tuner' graphics :no: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: I understand that putting in even a cheap analog tuner would drive up the cost and that's fine, but LOSE THE GRAPHICS if nothing else. This is what's kept me from grabbing one, truth be told. They took a step in the right direction with the EQ sliders, though; I'll give 'em that.

BUT....that's just my opinion and I sure don't wish to ruin anyone's excitement about getting one and enjoying the heck out of it!! :-)
agc, I assure you, we're all on the same page with that point....That point kept me from buying one for well over a year after they were out. Then my wife bought one for me as a surprise present....I swear I haven't looked at that damn crappy sticker once! :no: I'm too busy being mesmerized by the dancing woofers! :yes: :thumbsup:

My i931 makes me happy! :-D Looking forward to getting this new TRON / DEATH STAR one when I can get the cash.

Any news Bill?

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Should be here in an hour or so :-) Here is a pic of the 4 I have so far!!!
I would say now that these are separated into different Editions!!

All White one and Gold one is 1st Edition of I931 lineup. (iPod only)

Black is 2nd Edition I931X (IPhone)

White/Black is 3rd edition I931BT (Bluetooth)

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Here is a sneak peak. Working on review video now. Should have it complete real soon. As my 8 year old son Cole said when I pulled it out of box " that thing is SICK!!!". Lol

Stretch

Member (SA)
Sep 4, 2009
Toronto
www.scribd.com
I'm liking how crisp that outer box is. I can really appreciate a perfectly fitting box.

Now, finish review and post! I need something to watch while at work :-P
eric

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on,.................................

Status
Not open for further replies.