Need someone to fix my Dynasty HT-959 BBX soon.Video inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
oldskool69 said:
I have always been a fan of Sansui and have almost every great model they produced.
Maybe we could work a trade on my Sansui FX-300R. :-D

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I just took the transformer out of the Dynasty a few minutes ago for the BBXs trip to Superduper. This will be a scary ride for her but will be worth it in the end for sure. Thanks for the support guys. I hope to hear this beat booming someday!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Making a box for this huge thing has been fun!

I am getting excited and scared! haha - The dynasty is about 75% packaged up. And will actually leave here tomorrow via UPS :thumbsup: .

I have boxed the hell out of this thing. The layers include (starting with outer shell):
-cardboard box
-20 gauge sheet metal box
-cardboard liner
-2" of peanuts with combination of foam blocks
-2" of big bubble wrap around BBX
-shipping plastic wrap around BBX
-then the Dynasty face down to ensure the speakers don't bust loose from the front case if dropped

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Definetly a better box.

Thanks again Norm for taking on this project for me. It is way over my head and you are the go-to-guy.

UPS just left with my Dynasty. :sad:

Insured for $1,000 and another package that had the power supply, transformer, some knobs, battery door, and extra parts. Insured that one for $200.

No rush to Norm but I hope to be doing this : :breakdance: in the near future :thumbsup: .

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
blu_fuz said:
I have boxed the hell out of this thing. The layers include (starting with outer shell):
-cardboard box
-20 gauge sheet metal box
-cardboard liner
-2" of peanuts with combination of foam blocks
-2" of big bubble wrap around BBX
-shipping plastic wrap around BBX
-then the Dynasty face down to ensure the speakers don't bust loose from the front case if dropped
OMG!! Sheet metal?! Please tell me you took pictures. :yes: Reading that description is like reading pr0n. :lol: :lol:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I was ready to put the sheet metal in and then I was advised that it was way overkill so I did 3 layers of cardboard instead ;-) .

Hehehe :lol: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.