my National RX-7200 88-108 MHz FM and 120VAC modifications/repairs

googol

Member (SA)
Aug 12, 2015
hi toshik,

I can not thank you enough......and really I am nothing short of amazed....

You are a re true magician...the radio is like factory adjusted to the 88-108MHz FM standard...STEREO finally works...this RX7200 is stunning...everyone who owns one needs to re-adjust the tuner to really enjoy this masterpiece of radio-cassette engineering....boy I cannot believe how well it works - I should have done this years ago....I wish I knew this can be done..

One can only be silent and respect you for what you can and what you do.....PURE MAGIC

Thank you also for the following repairs:

- RX 7000 - no sound from right channel when on tape play/record with crackling noises coming from the speakers when on tape play and full volume - nasty problem that was there for a long time and no one could think of a fix - thank you for getting involved - now it works ;-)

- RX 7200 - dead channel when on tape play/record with no sound at all and many unsuccessful attempts to fix it....working again after your involvement!

The RX 7200unit is now really breathtaking :-) - I have had it for a while and I really wish I knew earlier that you can fix and modify these.

Thank you!!!

DSC_1382.JPG
DSC_1383.JPG
DSC_1384.JPG
DSC_1385.JPG

googol

Member (SA)
Aug 12, 2015
toshik you are a genius, I always wondered why bass on my RX7200 is so shallow and weak...what a difference after your fix - bass is now notably richer, fuller with much more depth. Finally I can feel the difference in loudspeaker size compared to my RX7000.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Panasonic literature says the 7000 and 7200 have the same speaker sizes (16cm and 5cm), but the 7200 has more power.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
toshik
is another electronics Guru here! Good to have you as a member here! This guy knows his stuff! :rock: :rock:

Some time this year I will send the components of my 7200 to tune it to get up to 108MHz.
I'm so nervous fooling around with that GEM! Even though I have egnr and other two MS degrees...
So I need more courage to take it apart and send it to you.

whodini

Member (SA)
Aug 5, 2013
Thank you Toshik for fixing my tuner! I was getting tired of my classical station. Toshik is a trustworthy and professional guy.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
toshik said:
Tuner ELD once of a sudden going crazy and showing out of range frequency - fixed! :-)
How did you fix it? Was it just a loose cable or wire?