Status
Not open for further replies.

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
BoomboxLover48 said:
Great job!

It is really missing those shiny dust caps on the woofer! You can buy one and attach!

It is so much fun watching those dust caps response to bass!

~Royce
The chrome had wore off one of the dust caps and it wasnt in the best condition. But everything i tried in order to fix it made it look worse, so painting the whole woofer was a good option. While its true you can find new ones, i dont fancy my odds of not tearing the card while removing the old caps, which are held down with 33 year old glue! :lol:

I personally really like the black speakers!! :-)

Sean

sean 91

Member (SA)
Sep 7, 2010
United Kingdom
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
The blacked out speakers look stealthy. shiat, the box has a black back, you can't expect the front to be completely stock. :-)
Great restoration BTW !!!!!! Love it !!!!!!
James..... :-)
I dont worry about making restoration work look 100% original as long as ive done it to a good standard and it doesnt look out of place... Where the back and speakers were concerned i was low on options, so i went down the route of painting. I was in two minds about painting the rear black but now ive done it i actually think it looks better than original. I couldnt be more pleased with how that turned out!

I think if i rescue something classic and bring from the dead, then it feels like ive got free reign to tastefully customise it a little, whereas if i bought a classic boombox for example, in mint condition and decided to paint it pink or neon green then it would feel like sacrilege (there are some nice examples of painted boxes on here though i must admit! :cool: )

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.