Not open for further replies.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Mystic Traveller said:
Great work! :thumbsup:
Thanks man. :-)

The Sure Bluetooth 4.0 receiver and T stereo amp combo used in this project would be an excellent choice for someone wanting to improve the sound quality and increase the RMS power output of their favourite Boombox.

12-15 volts is fine for all components mentioned above. As many here know, T amps use 1/7th of the power of an AB amp so your D cells will last and last!

The Akai speakers used in this project were never as well driven in their original application as they are now.

James.... :-)

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Nice!! How does the bass sound with the passives you used? Matching a passive with a woofer & proper internal volume is probably the most difficult to accomplish well by trial & error...almost impossible really....

Cheers,
Cpl

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Cpl-Chronic said:
Nice!! How does the bass sound with the passives you used? Matching a passive with a woofer & proper internal volume is probably the most difficult to accomplish well by trial & error...almost impossible really....

Cheers,
Cpl
I agree. With this project I just matched the internal volume of each speaker cabinet with the original Akai cabinets. I was super careful about making the cabinets completely airtight. To test this, you push the passive in from the back to make sure this action pushes the speaker driver out.

The setup works great. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.