Midwest Swing is on April 11-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Three Wheelies in one room! Massive power!

Yeah and there could have been 4 but Adam unfortunately couldn't fit his in the car :thumbsdown:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
oldskool69's wife said:
All I know is it is a 10 hour and 21 minute drive without stops.

But believe it or not I am still enjoying my time with my hubby.
Wow, massive props to mr and mrs oldschool for doing a 10 hour drive for this meet.

baddboybill said:
Boomboxery Midwest Swing Boomboxery sign thanks to good ol' Fatdog :thumbsup:

Bad Bad Bill
Great set up Bill, your bagged a great venue :yes:

Thanks everybody for sharing your pics :thumbsup:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Excellent!!!
Looks like a great time was had by all.
Great to see it turned out well and to see
So many great boxes / members were in attendance.

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
Man, I'd be the least social person at one of those meets. just drooling over all the cool boxes I've never seen... Purely Awesome collections guys!! Looks like fun.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
BoomboxLover48 said:
BUT...where are the videos you promised?????? :-D :-D

We want only the Boombox videos .... :w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you wanted video,you should have been there and seen everything live…... :-P
After all,you live near Chicago right? :hmmm:
We were waiting for you……LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually Bill took some video I believe….. ;-) :clap:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Videos are so long I'm really trying to get them on YouTube so I can post them :-)

hemiguy2006 said:
Excellent!!!
Looks like a great time was had by all.
Great to see it turned out well and to see
So many great boxes / members were in attendance.
Hey Frank hope your feeling better :thumbsup: Jimmy sent pic of you guys, very cool :cool:

im_alan_partridge said:
Wow, massive props to mr and mrs oldschool for doing a 10 hour drive for this meet.

Great set up Bill, your bagged a great venue :yes:

Thanks everybody for sharing your pics :thumbsup:
Thanks it worked out excellent for sure :thumbsup:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
baddboybill said:
Hey Frank hope your feeling better :thumbsup: Jimmy sent pic of you guys, very cool :cool:

Hey thanks Bill. I am feeling much better and am just about 100%
Most importantly I can once again tote a c100 , a Sharpie 919 or a J1
No problems!!!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Hey thanks Bill. I am feeling much better and am just about 100%
Most importantly I can once again tote a c100 , a Sharpie 919 or a J1
No problems!!!

That's awesome and soon you can tote around a VZ2000 :lol: I sure as hell can't :lol:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
That's ok Bill,
looks like Jeannie can handle the bigger/ heavier boxes for you!!!!

Yeah I know tell me about it :lol:

oldskool69's wife

Member (SA)
Feb 12, 2010
We are still on 65 south about an hour and 15 minutes from home. Fred will post more when we get home. He is still so hyped about the meet that he had me reading this thread, from page 8 to 11, as soon as we got a good signal.

We ladies had fun getting to know each other as well. Thanks Jeanie for opening up your home and cooking those wonderful burgers for us. It was wonderful meeting both you and Cathy. I can actually say that a few times...EVEN I HAD FUN, considering this was obviously a testosterone heavy, chest beating boombox blaring event. As a matter of fact all the talk i heard about who had the biggest and baddest reminded me of pubescent boys comparing the size of their penises.

oldskool69's wife

Member (SA)
Feb 12, 2010
Fred says, '...by the way what about the ISP SC800, Telefunken CC9000, the Hitachi TRK9900 and the GE 5367 super radio.' Oh and he said that there was more than 1 Sanyo there ;-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
It was great to meet you 2. Hell of a trip to meet up with the midwest crew.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
oldskool69 said:
We ladies had fun getting to know each other as well. Thanks Jeanie for opening up your home and cooking those wonderful burgers for us. It was wonderful meeting both you and Cathy. I can actully say that a few times...EVEN I HAD FUN, considering this was obviously a testosterone heavy, chest beating boombox blaring event. As a matter of fact all the talk i herd about who had the biggest and baddest reminded me of pubescent boys comparing the size of their penises.
Jeannie says your very welcome and you and Freddie are always welcome in our home. She was so glad not to be the only girl this time and she had tons of fun!!! Oh :lol: she said that Freddie and I have the same thing in common with asking our significant other to read/type the posts on the forum while we are driving. :lol: :lol:

oldskool69 said:
Fred says, '...by the way what about the ISP SC800, Telefunken CC9000, the Hitachi TRK9900 and the GE 5367 super radio.' Oh and he said that there was more than 1 Sanyo there ;-)
Yeah there were other Sanyo's but none for me that I would really mention that were big one piece units except for 650 :-). Oh and the heavy C9 :-)

gsbadbmr said:
Great pics guys!

***One day, someone will for SURE poke their eyeball out with all those antennas in the up position...it's inevitable :lol:

:thumbsup:
Yeah your probably right "You'll poke your eye out". :lol:

I agree the best part about the whole meet was making some fantastic new friends :smooch:

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Made it home alright guys about 10:45pm last night. Tunya had to finish the last leg as the pain was excruciating. Slept almost the whole day today. I will be posting more and our pics shortly. I have been in pain since the start of the trip with a pinched nerve affecting my neck, right shoulder, and arm that really amped up when we left Nashville. Waiting for the second round of drugs to kick in a bit harder after just now unloading my boxes after they stayed in the truck overnight. My son, thank goodness, was here to help. :thumbsup:

But the important part is that we had a fantastic time! As usual, time was not our friend but when you're having fun it never is. It was great to meet the Midwest guys and gals. Got to hear some great boomers and surprise the folks there with the ISP SC-800 and a few others. Wheeled and dealed while there with Scott (Skippy) on some trades and Bill (Badboybill) and scored some good stuff.

Definitely looking forward to seeing everyone again. The give aways were fun and we recorded the event. So look for that soon. Holla at you in a bit... :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.